- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
Ph.D. program in Commerce shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned. This Ph.D. program offered by Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar.
- Written Aptitude Test shall consist of 50% weightage on research methodology and 50% weightage on subject-specific questions. As a part of this, the question paper on Research Methodology will be of 50 marks, each question will carry one mark. Subject wise Entrance Test will be conducted, which consists of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark. The entrance test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%, and only such candidates will be eligible to appear at the PI-personal interview/viva-voce.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the Entrance Test as mentioned above will be required to appear for PI wherein the candidates have to discuss their research interest/ area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee. The Parshall consider the following aspects, viz.:
a) Research objectives, Literature Survey, Methodology, Expected Results, List of papers referred, & also industry tie-up if any.
b) Research Methodology aspects for preparing Doctoral Proposal.
c) The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
d) Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
e) Contribution to new/additional knowledge out of the proposed research.
f) Competence for the proposed research.
The admission merit list for the eligible candidates who qualified in the written test and appeared in PI will be based on 50% of the Personal Interview (PI) score, and 50% of the Entrance Test score.
- A student seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder. Each of the Master Degrees referred to therein is to be on the basis of a minimum two-year program.
- Masters degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC inappropriate area.
- Master’s or a professional degree equivalent to it by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in UGC 7 point scale, (or an equivalent grade in a different point scale) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an approved Assessment & Accreditation Agency. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates & other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the Commission from time to time.