Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem Admission Procedure:-
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem offers admissions to undergraduate programmes based on the merit of the qualifying exam and TNEA counselling and to postgraduate programmes based on CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET scores through management quota. For admissions to M.Tech programmes through Government Quota students need to have a valid score in TANCET conducted by Anna University. Qualifying candidates also have to qualify the GD round followed by an interview. Detailed description of the admission procedure is mentioned below.
For B.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Based on their applications, candidates have to participate in the counselling procedure and admission to the eligible candidates will be offered based on the merit list prepared on the basis of their marks in the qualifying examination.
Admissions to Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem for B.Tech programmes will be offered after document verification and fees payment.
For M.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of Anna University and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Candidates applying for Management Quota seats have to appear for CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET, whereas candidates seeking admission for Government Quota seats have to appear for TANCET conducted by Anna University.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a group discussion and personal interview organised by the Institution.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance exams mentioned above, their past academic record, and in the group discussion and personal interview.
- Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem admissions to M.Tech programmes will be offered after document verification and fees payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology offers certain facilities to the students and faculty members of the institute including library, hostels, cafeteria, smart classrooms, transport, yoga centre, gym etc. Detailed description of all the facilities provided to the students and faculty members of the institute are mentioned below.
- Library- The Library has a decent volume of books and journals on various subjects like engineering, technology, humanities, and science. It has also subscribed to periodicals and has a membership with DELNET.
- Hostel- There is a separate hostel for both boys and girls wherein facilities like library, computer room, indoor sports, etc. are provided for the students.
- Cafeteria- The timings of the cafeteria are from 8 am to 8 pm on all weekdays and Saturdays. The Cafeteria has a well maintained and hygienic catering, modernised cooking equipment, etc.
- Smart Classroom- The classrooms have high-speed data networks, LCD projectors for audio and video. These facilities enhance student learning.
- Transport- The transport has been provided to the students and faculty to ease their commuting. The buses start and stop from and at certain points from around the city.
- Yoga Centre- The students and faculty are provided with a yoga centre, to practise or learn yoga to stay healthy and find inner peace.
- Multi-Gym- A multi-gym is set up for the students and staff with all the requisite equipment so that they stay fit and healthy at the busy schedule.
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchengode – Sankari Main Road, Pullipalayam, Morur(Po), Sankari (Tk), Salem (Dt) – 637304, Tamilnadu, India
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 27 Mar 2022 ; CGPA : 2.53