Admission Process 2021
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem Admission Procedure:-
Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem offers admissions to undergraduate programmes based on the merit of the qualifying exam and TNEA counselling and to postgraduate programmes based on CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET scores through management quota. For admissions to M.Tech programmes through Government Quota students need to have a valid score in TANCET conducted by Anna University. Qualifying candidates also have to qualify the GD round followed by an interview. Detailed description of the admission procedure is mentioned below.
For B.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Based on their applications, candidates have to participate in the counselling procedure and admission to the eligible candidates will be offered based on the merit list prepared on the basis of their marks in the qualifying examination.
Admissions to Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem for B.Tech programmes will be offered after document verification and fees payment.
For M.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of Anna University and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Candidates applying for Management Quota seats have to appear for CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET, whereas candidates seeking admission for Government Quota seats have to appear for TANCET conducted by Anna University.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a group discussion and personal interview organised by the Institution.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance exams mentioned above, their past academic record, and in the group discussion and personal interview.
- Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem admissions to M.Tech programmes will be offered after document verification and fees payment.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Admission will be made in each branch according to the rules of reservation prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Direct admission will be done under Management Quota. The candidates can directly approach the Principal from the next day of the publication of +2 results with a printout of marks from internet For Lateral Entry- Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of three years study in an approved institution are eligible for admission. B.E/B.Tech degree course will be completed over a period of 3 years consisting of 6 semesters. Application for admission shall be made in the prescribed form. The form can be obtained from the College Office or download from given link. Separate application shall be made for each course.