- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: University of Mysore, Mysore
- XIME (Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship) has been recognized as a Research Centre by the University of Mysore from the academic year 2015 -16. The aim of XIME Research Centre Ph.D. programme is committed to providing a nurturing and challenging environment for its doctoral students. XIME has seven recognized Research Guides specialized in various areas like Marketing, International Business, Finance, Business Excellence, Information System, Business Strategy, General Management, Knowledge Management, Innovation, Economics, and several other allied subjects.
- XIME Research Centre plays the role of an information provider, facilitator, and agent catering to the needs of research aspirants. XIME aims at excelling in research and bringing about revolutionary change keeping in mind the management needs of the future. The programme is planned to provide an opportunity to attain the maximum potential in their field through intensive research.
- XIME envisages a greater emphasis on academic research in management. There are high expectations from the scholars to produce research work of excellent quality. The quality research at XIME is measured by publication in Top-ranked academic journals with a high citation index. XIME Subscribes to all leading academic database like SAGE and Ebsco to support research projects.
- The programme emphasizes preparing the candidates to understand the complexities of business and its social and international contexts while developing specialized expertise and research skills.
Selection of candidates will be based on academic records, work experience, if any, marks secured in Entrance Examination and interview conducted at XIME, Bangalore. A limited number of positions as Teaching/Research Assistants of XIME are available for full-time research scholar. Candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees of XIME as well as the University.
Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Management or any other Degree / Diploma recognized as equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or an equivalent Grade. A candidate with only 50% marks or equivalent can apply provided he/she comes under the following two categories: (a) SC/ST candidates; (b) Physically challenged candidates.
A candidate must get at least 55% marks, 50% in the case of SC/ST and Physically Challenged candidates, in the Entrance Test conducted by the University of Mysore. The following categories are exempted from the Entrance Test:
- Candidates who have qualified for UGC/ CSIR(JRF) Fellowships
- Those who have qualified for lectureship through UGC- NET Examination/K-SET
- Government / Aided College teachers under FIP.
- Candidates who have completed M.Phil. The course provided their admission to M.Phil course was through an Entrance Examination
- Foreign Nationals with Indian/ Foreign Degrees.