Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Bengaluru was established in the year 2008. NMIMS Bengaluru is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The college offers undergraduate (BBA, B.Sc, BB.Com (Hons)), integrated (BA LLB, BBA LLB), postgraduate (PGDM, PGD in Banking and Financial Services) and executive (PGDM Executive, PGD in Data Science and Analytics) courses.
NMIMS Bengaluru is located at Bannerghatta Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Yelachenahalli Metro Station is 12.5 km away and Nayandahalli Railway Station is 27.8 km away from the institute. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is 78.8 km away from the institute. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bengaluru.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- NMIMS, Bengaluru is accredited by the South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS).
- NMIMS, Bengaluru is also accredited by the Association of MBAs, London (AMBA—UK based accreditation agency).
- University of New Castle, Australia
- Kedge Business Schools, France
- Leipzig Graduate Schools of Management, Germany
- CETYS University, Mexico
- The University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Charles Darwin University, Australia
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Equinox – The Entrepreneurship Club: This Cell encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and provides opportunities to work on short term projects with corporates.
- Knowesis – Official NMIMS Magazine Club
- Margene – The Marketing Club: This is a marketing club of the Institute that aims to facilitate the development of the students in the field of marketing.
- HRiday – The HR Club: This is the HR club that handles the HR issues and provides a platform where students can interact and initiate conversations with HR experts to explore and challenge the current practices in the dynamic field of Human Resource Management.
- Mudra – The Finance Club: This is a finance club of NMIMS Bengaluru that aims to keep current developments in the field of finance and focuses on research areas such as financial markets, instruments, regulations, etc.
- Paramarsh – The Strategy & Consulting Consortium
- ModEx – The Business and Technology Club: This club provides a platform for the students to gain technical knowledge and get expertise in tools like SPSS, SAS, SAP, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Intuito – The Analytics Club
- Nirantar – The Operations Club: This is the operations and strategy club of NMIMS Bengaluru that takes up the responsibility of engaging the students in various activities.
- Anveshan – The Research Club
- Toastmasters International – The Leadership Club: This club provides a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth. It grooms the leadership quality of the students.
- RANG – The Cultural Committee: This is the cultural committee that provides a platform to the students who are interested in dancing, music, sketching, painting, etc.
- Lakshya – The Sports Committee: This club encourages students to participate in different sports and tournaments organised across various business schools.
Exams and Cutoffs
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Bengaluru offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate and executive courses. Admission to the courses is done on the basis of the academic record, performance in institute level entrance test. For some courses, aspirants have to appear for a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Sc/BBA/B.Com (Hons)):
- Candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of the NMIMS Bengaluru.
- Eligible candidates have to appear and qualify NMIMS Programme After 12th (NMIMS NPAT) examination.
- candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks scored in NMIMS NPAT.
- Final admission will be given after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Integrated Courses (BA LLB/BBA LLB):
- Candidates have to qualify the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)/Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- Eligible candidates should fill an application form for admission to the NMIMS Bengaluru institute.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit in CLAT/LSAT examinations.
- Further, aspirants have to be present at the college during seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (PGDM/PGD in Banking and Financial Services):
- For PGDM, candidates should have a bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks from a recognised institute/university.
- For PGD in Banking and Financial Services, candidates should have a bachelor's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognised institute/university.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form on the website of NMIMS Bengaluru.
- The candidates have to appear for the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) examination conducted by the NMIMS institute.
- Further, the selected candidates have to appear for Case Discussion (CD) followed by a Personal Interview (PI).
- The final admission will be based on the performance in NMAT, CD, and personal interview.
For Executive Courses (PGDM Executive/PGD in Data Science and Analytics):
- For PGDM Executive, candidates should have a bachelor's degree and three years of work experience.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form on the website of NMIMS Bengaluru.
- Further, the selected candidates have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) followed by a Personal Interview (PI).
- Final admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of the academic record, relevant work experience, GD and PI.
- For PGD in Data Science and Analytics, candidates should qualify class 12th examination with at least 55% marks having mathematics or statistics subjects from a recognised institute/university and should have two years of work experience.
- Candidates should fill an application form along with the statement of purpose.
- Further, the selected candidates have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI) for the final admission.
Management and Business Administration (P.G.D.M)
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Bengaluru provides various infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as separate hostels for boys and girls, library with a collection of books, conference hall for seminars, conferences, cafeteria to serve food to the students, laboratories. Various other facilities like communication lab, wi-fi, parking facility are also available for them.
- Hostels: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Bengaluru has separate hostels for boys and girls with other facilities like laundry, dining area, wi-fi, etc.
- Library: The Institute has a well-equipped library with volumes of journals, a collection of textbooks, magazines, E-journal, etc. Digital libraries are also present in the institute which can be used by the students and faculty.
- Conference Hall: NMIMS Bengaluru has a conference hall inside the campus that can be used by the students and faculty for meetings, conferences, seminars.
- Rooftop Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria inside the premises that serve food and beverages to the students and staff at a reasonable rate.
- Laboratories: NMIMS Bengaluru institute has labs for each department so that students can have a practical implementation of what they learn in theory.
Its the best experience one can have in college life
A place where change is the inevitable
NMIMS Bengaluru Review
Questions related to NMIMS Bangalore
i had scored 81.8 % in 12th cbse board with stream commerce +maths ....i had applied for bcom ,bcom (honors) ,BAF in various colleges like narsee monjee,mithibai,st. xaviers ,ra podar and hr churchgate ...is there any chances of getting admission in these colleges ?
First of all I want to tell you that if you wantt o do graduation and persue post graduation after this then please dont tak egeneral bcom and only go for bcom honours , no matter which college provides it. As for your chances in admission to the mentioned colleges I am sorry but Narsee Monjee has a cutoff above 91.8% for general category and St Xaviers too is expected to have a cutoff above 91% for non christians. HR also has a cutoff above 90% and Mithibai and RA Poddar will have no less than 90% as they are premiere colleges. Moreover this year most cbse as well as isc students have got higher than usual marks hence the cutoff is only expected to increase. You can check out the full list at https://university.careers360.com/articles/mumbai-university-cutoff#Mumbai-University-Cut-off-2020--Expected There are some colleges mentioned in this list where you can get admission. All the best.
Rank these colleges for B.com on the basis of academics, placement and exposure - Mithibai college, Narsee Monjee college of commerce and economics and Kj somaiya college of arts and commerce
Hello Tanmay ,
College are meant for learning and college ranking doesn't make college or teaching good but students make them.So its up to you which college you refer and take admission.
If you are good with academics and everything you can get placements from any of these college easily because you have worked hard for it.
But if you want to to rank me I would just prdect my first preference for colleges.
2.Narsee monjee college of commerce
3.K.J Somaiya college of commerce
i scored 63% in 12th. will i get admission jn narsee monjee college?
Looks a little difficult especially this year when the cutoffs have risen high considerably. However the final cutoffs are yet to be displayed. Obviously it depends on the number of aspirants, their results, your rank, etcc. But in general as per the previous year analysis with 63% in HSC, admission to Narsee Monjee college looks a little difficult.
Refer to the site below to know more about the same -
Best wishes. Thank you.
does bfm require an entrance exam,as in for narsee monjee and other colleges?
The admission for BFM course in narsee monjee college of commerce and economics is based on merit, the College issues merit list to get admission in b.com, BAF, BFM, BMS, B.sc. etc. However some colleges take admission on the basis of entrance exam, the average course fee per year is approximately 50,000 per year, the basic eligibility criteria required to get admission is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 with atleast 50% to 55% aggregates.
Hope this helps, all the best.
which is best NIRMA university or Narsee monjee mumbai?????
There are multiple factors which contribute to be best among the others. Firstly, NMIMS also provides a 5-year integrated course BBA-MBA course. This is how it works: Students studying BBA at NMIMS in their second year are provided with an offer of pursuing MBA at NMIMS. Points to be noted here: 1.Students only with certain higher CGPA are offered this course, the choice of acceptance completely lies with student. 2. There are limited seats for the integrated course. 3. People who accept it don't have to appear for additional aptitude test for MBA 4. Outsiders are not offered the integrated course. Recognition and ranking wise NMIMS is much better than Nirma University. Fees and other expenses are relatively higher than Nirma University The exposure and influence a university has on an individual also matters. Students at NMIMS are mostly from outstation and belong to upper middle class and higher middle class. Such social groups’ habits, lifestyle patterns, perceptions have tremendous influence on our development. My friend didn't take admission into NMIMS in spite getting admission because of the culture that students bring with them. It depends you how much people and groups have influence on you, and whether you're swayed away from your goal plus you might develop an inferiority complex which will hinder your overall growth.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: