- Introducing course 5 - Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
- Welcoming week 1
- Kunal - my journey to UX
- Introducing mockups
- Introducing visual design’s foundational elements
- Chikezie - transitioning from low-fidelity to high-fidelity designs
- Typography’s importance
- Typography in UX design
- Colour in UX design
- Introducing layouts
- Iconography in UX design
- Using grids to guide layouts
- Using negative (white) spaces in layouts
- Using contaminants in layouts
- Wrap-up - start to create mockups
Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
Gain step-by-step knowledge of creating high-fidelity mockups in Figma by enrolling in the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma programme on Coursera comprises a valuable curriculum if you’re looking to apply for entry-level UX (user experience) design jobs. This 100% online course is the fifth part of the Google UX Design training offered by Google.
Here, you will receive step-by-step tutorials to understand and create high-fidelity mockups or designs in Figma, a widely-used design tool. This is a beginner-level course that takes approximately 34 hours to finish.
Progressing across the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes certification syllabus, you will turn your designs into interactive prototypes that work like a completed product. You will also conduct extensive research to gather feedback on your designs and improve accordingly. Finally, you will get the essential skills to share designs with development teams and showcase your work via a professional UX CV.
Moreover, Google’s present UX researchers and designers will teach you the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes online course. They will use various learning tools, along with hands-on activities to help you simulate real-time UX design circumstances. You can also pay for and earn the completion certificate.
- Completion in approximately 34 hours
- 100% online
- Free auditing
- Paid and shareable certification
- Flexible deadlines
- English subtitles for videos
- Practice quizzes
- Graded assessments
- Course readings
- Beginner-level training
- Hands-on activities
- 7-day free trial
- Completion in 34 hours
- Google’s instructors
- Shareable certificate
- 7-day free trial
- Hands-on projects
- Beginner-level learning
- Course readings
- Graded and practice quizzes
- Part of the ‘google ux design’ training
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- There are no fees if you wish to audit this training.
- Payment is mandatory to receive the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma certification and graded material amounting to Rs. 1,027
Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma fee structure
Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma – Audit Only
Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma - Certificate and graded assessments
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
Any beginner-level UX designers will benefit from the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma course by Coursera.
- You must complete the prior courses in the Google UX Design Certificate to join the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma online course.
- Also, you must possess a firm understanding of the design procedure, creating low-fidelity designs in Figma and on paper, and also conducting usability studies.
What you will learn
The Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma training by Coursera will make you a fluent professional with ample expertise in these areas:
- Building high-fidelity prototypes and mockups in Figma
- Applying and defining the common design principles and elements
- Demonstrating how to use design systems for organising, standardising, and enhancing designs
- Understanding why design feedback and critique sessions are important when iterating on designs
- Displaying professional skills in UX (user experience), Figma, UXD (user experience design), Prototype, and mockups
- Enroll in the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma online course.
- You can either log in to Coursera or sign up to start the training.
- Your enrolment will conclude. You can pay for the certification during the course duration or after completing it. You can also audit it for free, which won’t include the graded content and certificate.
Filling the form
You can gain admission in the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma training by simply starting a Coursera account. For this, you must provide your email address, name, and password of choice. You can also register through your Google/Facebook ID.
Also, current Coursera users can directly log in through their Apple/Google/Facebook ID or simply sign in to enrol in the programme.
Week 1: Start to create mockups
Week 2: Application of visual design principles to mockups
- Welcoming week 2
- Hierarchy in UX design
- Emphasis in UX design
- Proportion and scale in UX design
- Variety and unity in UX design
- Reflecting on your progress
- Applying Gestalt Principles to mockups
- Wrap-up - applying visual principles to a mockup
Week 3: Exploring design systems
- Welcoming week 3
- Introducing design systems
- Google’s design system - material designing
- Benefits of design systems
- Shopify’s design system - Polaris
- Using design system libraries in Figma
- Creating sticker sheets in Figma
- Shabi - considering assistive technologies while working in a design system
- Wrap-up - explore design systems
Week 4: Participate in design critique sessions
- Welcoming week 4
- Receive and give feedback as UX designers
- Best practices for a design critique session
- Introducing mock crit sessions
- Basics of a design critique session
- Turning crit sessions’ feedback into actions
- Observing mock crit sessions
- Kunal - my experience with design critique sessions
- Iterating on mockups based on crit sessions’ feedback
- Wrap-up - participate in design critique sessions
Week 5: Create high-fidelity prototypes
- Welcome to week 5
- Introducing high-fidelity prototypes
- Motion and gestures in UX design
- Creating high-fidelity prototypes in Figma
- Adding motion and gestures in Figma
- Jen - design with accessibility in mind
- Accessibility considerations for motion and gestures
- Learning from Figma - feedback and prototype interactions
- Wrap-up: create high-fidelity prototypes
Week 6: Iterating and testing on designs
- Welcoming week 6
- Conducting usability studies
- Planning UX research studies
- Synthesising and analysing usability study’s results
- Identifying when designs are complete
- Iterating on high-fidelity designs
- Documenting and sharing designs
- Learning from Figma - preparing for hand off
- Creating case studies for your portfolio project
- Hand off a design for production
- Wrap-up - test & iterate on designs
- Congratulations on finishing course 5 - Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
You can receive financial aid to afford the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma programme. For this, you must visit the course portal and choose the ‘Financial aid available’ option, located beside the ‘Enrol for Free’ tab. An application form will appear, which you must fill and submit. Within two weeks, Coursera officials will reach out to you about your application’s approval.
How it helps
The Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma certification benefits you by setting you apart from your competition. This curriculum is Google’s offering, part of their Google Career Certificates initiative.
Google’s top educators will mentor you through extensive lessons and hands-on projects, providing you professional-grade knowledge on the industry’s best practices. You can also receive the prestigious course certification, which is shareable as an e-certificate on your CV/LinkedIn.
There are additional benefits too. These include a seven-day free trial, free course auditing, flexible deadlines for convenient learning, English subtitles for all videos, and a 100% online curriculum for learning comfortably.
Yes. The Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes programme by Coursera will equip you with the required knowledge to seek job roles as a generalist, UI designer, UX researcher, UX designer, interaction designer, or visual designer.
You can adequately complete this curriculum in approximately 34 hours.
If you audit the Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma training, you will get all the course videos. To receive the graded work and certification, you must purchase it.
Yes. You will learn the Adobe XD and Figma design tools.
Yes. The Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes online course will include a professional portfolio session, where you will use a preferred platform to create and display your UX designs.
University of Illinois via Coursera
Juno College of Technology
Google via Coursera
Google via Coursera
Google via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Google
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.