- Welcome to the course: Network security & database vulnerabilities
- Welcome to introduction to TCP/IP framework
- Stateless inspection
- The difference between IDS and IPS systems
- Firewall filters- IDS and IPS systems
- Stateful inspection
- An introduction to Local Area Networks
- Network Address translation
- Introduction to basic network routing
- Ethernet and LAN - Ethernet operations
- Ethernet and LAN - Network devices
- Layer 2 and layer 3 Network addressing
- Address resolution protocol
- Routers and routing tables, Part 1
- Routers and routing tables, Part 2
- Routers and routing tables, Part 3
Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities
Enhance your skills regarding networking systems and cybersecurity by pursuing the certification of the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities by Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification course is training that provides an online learning experience. Students will be able to understand local area networks, TCP or internet protocol, networking security systems, etc. in the programme. Students will be able to learn about cybersecurity and the attacks and challenges faced by the industry through the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities online course.
Along with networking, the curriculum of the programme also discusses database vulnerabilities and the tools that are used in the research process of a database. The lessons of the programme can be pursued by the user in the audit mode which requires no amount to be paid for the course. The course allows flexible deadlines and takes up to 14 to 15 hours to complete the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification syllabus. Students who have any language barrier can use the subtitles given in the programme such as French, Arabic, Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, German, Italian, Portuguese, and English. The students can also obtain a certificate at the end of the course upon the successful completion of the course.
- Offered by Coursera
- Beginner’s course
- 4 weekly modules
- 14 hours of learning
- Certificate can be achieved
- In association with IBM
- Free programme
- Audit mode available
- Online learning experience
- Subtitles available in 9 languages
- Flexible study timings
- Discussion forum
- Video lectures
- Practice exercise
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Students can pursue the course in audit mode without any course fee.
- Students need to pay Rs. 3583 as Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities fees if they want to receive the entire course material and certificate for the course.
Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities Fee details
Amount in Rupees
Rs. 3,583 per month
certificate providing authority
Certification Qualifying Details
The user of the programme must complete all the graded assignments and the entire syllabus in order to earn the certification of the course. They are required to make the fee payment as well.
What you will learn
Students will be able to understand the points given below through the learning of the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities training:
- Students will be able to understand the basics of networking around different models.
- Candidates will come to know about the structures and the components of cybersecurity such as SQL, Oracle, etc in the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities programme.
- Learners will acquire knowledge about IP addresses, packet sniffing, and network address translation.
- Participants will gain insights on recount DNS, DHCP, routing and switching concepts.
- Students will get to know about ethernet and local area networks in the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification.
- Participants will learn about data activity reporting, data alerts, and monitoring in the course.
- Students will gain an understanding of application and transport protocols - TCP and UDP.
Students who wish to join the course can follow the simple steps mentioned below:
Step 1- Students are expected to enrol from the given link- https://www.coursera.org/learn/network-security-database-vulnerabilities
Step 2- Students have to create an account on Coursera by providing the required credentials.
Step 3- They can enrol in the programme by selecting the enrol tab given on the page.
Step 4- Students can click on the Go to course option to access the study material.
Week 1: TCP/IP framework
Week 2: Basics of IP addressing and OSI model
- Welcome to the basics of IP addressing and the OSI model
- IP Addressing - The basics of Binary
- IP protocol and traffic routing
- IP address structure and network classes
- DNS and DHCP
- Introduction to the IPv6 address schema
- Application and transport protocols UDP and TCP, Part 1
- Application and transport protocols UDP and TCP, Part 2
- Flows and network analysis
- Syslog message logging protocol
- Intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems
- Port mirroring and promiscuous mode
- Next-generation firewalls - Overview
- NGFW and the OSI model
- NGFW packet flow example and NGFW comparisons
- High availability and clustering
Week 3: Introduction to databases
- Welcome to introduction to databases
- Data source types Part 1
- Data source types Part 2
- Data model types
- Structured data and relational databases
- Securing the crown jewels
- Structured data
- Leveraging security industry best practices
- Securing data sources by type
- Anatomy of a vulnerability assessment test report
- Data alerts
- Securing databases wrap up
- Data monitoring
- Attributes to include in logging
- Data activity reporting
- Failed access monitoring
- Suspicious access events, Part 1
- Suspicious access events, Part 2
Week 4: Deep dive- injection vulnerability
- Welcome to deep dive - injection vulnerability
- Introduction to injection flaws
- OS command injection Part 1
- OS command injection Part 2
- OS command injection Part 3
- SQL injection Part 1
- SQL injection Part 2
- Other types of injection
The financial aid for the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities by Coursera will be granted to those who are financially weaker and complete the application process.
How it helps
The Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification course is an online programme which is offered by the forum of Coursera in association with IBM. The whole programme talks about networking security, cybersecurity, etc. The course is taught through the already available study material of the course that includes graded quizzes and assignments, reading materials, practice exercises, tests, etc. The state of the art pedagogy helps the student understand the lessons in a better manner.
The beginner-level programme helps the candidate gain plenty of information if he or she wants to apply for an intermediate, advanced, or higher-level course. The Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification benefits help the participant to get a job opportunity as a junior cybersecurity analyst. The certification can be acquired in the online format and this can be shared on professional social websites such as LinkedIn. The certification will help the candidate in gaining a good amount of visibility on the social networking sites and will help the individual land a job. Students who are already pursuing a job in the same field can brush up or revise their basics by pursuing this course. The certification Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities online course can also help the job seekers if they mention the achievement of certification in their CVs or resume. This will help them create a good impression and it will be easier for the recruiter to judge the capabilities and skill set of the candidate.
The lessons of the programme are divided into four weekly modules that further comprise videos, readings, and practice exercises.
Participants who complete the entire course and pursue the course with the subscription can earn a certificate for the course.
Students who are eligible to get the certificate for the course can download an online certificate for themselves.
Students will be able to get a refund for their course if they apply for the same within two weeks of the subscription.
The programme is designed for the beginner level of students and hence deals with the basics of every topic to make it easier for its students.
The course can be found on the particular link- https://www.coursera.org/learn/network-security-database-vulnerabilities
Yes, the course accepts applications for financial aid.
The online course will take around 20 hours to complete the Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities certification.
Students are expected to click on the Go to course to complete the admission process for the course.
No, there are no such requirements for this course.
Erasmus University, Rotterdam via Coursera
CU Boulder via Coursera
CU Boulder via Coursera
CU Boulder via Coursera
IBM via Edx
(ISC)² via Coursera
(ISC)² via Coursera
University System of Georgia, Atlanta via Coursera