- The Key Elements of Story
- The Three-Act Structure
- Character Development
- Character, Conflict, and Humanity
- Writing Dialogue
- Genres of Fiction
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Virtual Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Creative Writing Classes Online is a 4 weeks program offered by course provider Shaw Academy. The course introduces the basic elements and concepts of creative writing which include character, research, setting, and dialogue. The course covers archetypes of the main character, the basics of the hero's journey, and various trades and tools needed to write a story professionally.
The Creative Writing Classes Online training covers an overview of research work and various things to be considered prior to research. The course teaches various methodologies of research and types of sources along with the understanding of integrating the research into the fiction stories.
The Creative Writing Classes Online syllabus focuses on the development of character, basic concepts of crafting a character. The course teaches tricks and tips to create a character by keeping modern audiences in priority. The course explores various genres of fiction and writing dialogues differentiating real-life speech with dialogue. The course covers different phases of publishing a story including beta reading, criticism, feedback, and submission.
- Access to all courses
- University approved course
- Free trial
- 4 weeks course
- Self-paced learning
- Exams in all modules
- Live chat support
- Online learning
- Globally recognized certificate
- Chat support
- Online learning
Course and certificate fees
- Shaw Academy provides 4 weeks of free access to courses, candidates can continue the course by paying a monthly subscription charge.
- Candidates willing to access course materials or get a soft/hard copy of the certificate will be charged separately as Creative Writing Classes Online fees.
Creative Writing Classes Online Fee Details
Amount in Rupees
A hard copy of the certificate
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
Those candidates seeking to know about creative writing, develop a writing style, writing fiction, creating nonfiction, character development, research, dialogue writing, audience identification and want to become an Author, storyteller, the creative writer can enroll in this Creative Writing Classes Online.
Certification Qualifying Details
To qualify for the Creative Writing Classes Online Certification, Candidates must complete 8 lessons, assessments and 4 examinations included in the module.
What you will learn
After completing the Creative Writing Classes Online, candidates will learn character development, writing dialogue, the genre of fiction, three art structures, research techniques, journaling, alienation, audience identification, visual storytelling, pastiche, parody, satire, and many more skills.
For admission in Creative Writing Classes Online by Shaw Academy, candidates will have to follow these steps :
- Open the official site of course provider Shaw Academy - https://www.shawacademy.com.
- Open the course catalog available on the homepage
- Choose the ‘Marketing’ category
- Select the ‘Creative Writing’ course from the marketing category
- Open the course page and click on the ‘Get 4 weeks free’ button to proceed to the signup process
- Sign up with personal details and verify your account
- Sign in and start your free trial and pay the monthly fee amount to continue further
Filling the form
For doing Creative Writing Classes Online for beginners, no type of application is taken, candidates can go through the direct admission process.
Diploma in Creative Writing
Intermediate in Creative Writing
- Free-writing and Journaling
- Exposition and Backstory
- The First-person POV and Alienation
- Second- and Third-person POV, and Audience Identification
- Short and Long Fiction
- Creative Nonfiction
- Text, Context, and Subtext
Advanced in Creative Writing
- Developing a Writing Style
- Symbolism and Metaphor
- The French Symbolists
- Visual Storytelling and Writing for the Screen
- The Beat Generation and 20th-century Counterculture
- Textual Analysis
Proficient in Creative Writing
- Culture and Subculture
- Writing Gender in the 21st Century
- A Look at 21st-century Canon
- Words in the Information Age
- Parody, Pastiche, and Satire
- Politics in Literature
- The Point of it All - The Writer as a Mouthpiece for the Zeitgeist
How it helps
Candidates learning Creative Writing Classes Online will be benefited in the following ways :
- Candidates will upskill in creative writing, drafting a story, writing fiction with research, making characters, editing context, text, and subtext.
- With the Creative Writing tutorial, candidates will develop the art of visual storytelling to convey a story on the screen with best practices.
- The course conveys an understanding of the importance of modern Content writers and their roles.
The Creative Writing Classes Online consumes an approximate time of 4 weeks to complete the course.
The Creative Writing Classes Online includes 32 courses and assessments.
Yes, the Creative Writing Classes Online is certified by Austin Peay State University.
Yes, the Creative Writing certification by Shaw Academy is recognized globally by IAO, ICSOC, CPD.
Yes, candidates will get live chat support from educators in the Creative writing tutorial.