WHAT IS ENDOCRINOLOGY ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for UG programme (MBBS) are conducted by various state, central and private universities.
PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme conducted by various state, central and private universities.
SCOPE OF ENDOCRINOLOGY
- Hospitals need Doctors capable of treating diabetes, the most common endocrine disorder. With hundreds of thousands of diabetics in India, it is common sense that endocrinologists will always be in demand to administer the right treatment.
- Medical centres across India also need medical specialists, endocrinologists to be specific good at diagnosing thyroid disorders, pituitary disorders, adrenal disorders, male reproductive disorders, metabolic bone disorders, disorders of growth and puberty etc.
Some of the profiles offered to endocrinologists include:
Consultant - Endocrinology
Assistant Professor (those with a PhD. degree in Endocrinology are given higher preference)
Associate Professor (those with a PhD degree in Endocrinology are given higher preference)
- General Principles of Endocrinology
- General Principles of Endocrinology – Peptide Hormones
- Hypothalamic – Pituitary System 1
- Hypothalamic – Pituitary System 2
- Hypothalamic – Pituitary System 3
- Techniques for Studying Endocrinology
- Thyroid Hormones 1
- Thyroid Hormones 2
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 1156 Joined
- 5 Questions