|JEE Advanced||03 Jul, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering is four years (8 Semester) full-time undergraduate Engineering program offered by the Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar.
We aim to produce graduates who not only have the knowledge and skills to become successful engineers and scientists of the future, but also well-rounded personalities who are uncompromising on ethics, contribute to society, are respectful of and can adapt to their surroundings, and prove themselves to be great thinkers and problem solvers in all avenues of life.
Our students receive an outstanding education in the core areas of Mechanical Engineering, which include thermofluid sciences, solid mechanics, design and manufacturing, materials science, and controls and dynamics. The curriculum has a significant component of humanities and social sciences, the course in life sciences, exposure to design and creativity, and provides flexibility to the students. We also strive to create a friendly and progressive atmosphere for students to interact and learn.
The admission to the course is through the IIT Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
The candidates should criteria for admission to IIT Gandhinagar:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST, and PwD candidates should be at least 65%.
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.