|10 Jun, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|GATE||08 Jan, 2021||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|05 Feb, 2021 - 07 Feb, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|12 Feb, 2021 - 14 Feb, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|22 Mar, 2021||Result | Mode: Online|
|17 Nov, 2020 - 23 Nov, 2020||Application Correction - Reopened | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 13 Nov, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|08 Oct, 2020 - 14 Oct, 2020||Late Fee Application | Mode: Online|
|11 Sep, 2020 - 08 Oct, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|26 Jul, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering is two years (4 Semester) full-time postgraduate engineering program offered by The Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar.
Research Areas: Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network Security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate's level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to the 3rd year of the undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for an interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on the scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.