|19 Apr, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|20 Mar, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry is a full-time research degree course offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad. Duration varies from 3 to 6 years, the student has to finish course between the timeline to obtain a Ph.D. degree.
Biophysical chemistry and molecular dynamics simulations, Mechano-chemistry, Equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics of soft matter, Structure and dynamics of polymers/ macromolecules, Synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials and their application in catalysis of chemical reactions including organic transformation, Design, and synthesis of novel classes of organic macromolecules and their applications in material science.
A well-equipped synthesis lab is available for the research in experimental chemistry. A central facility of sophisticated analytical instruments has been planned for the next year.
Also, a High performance computing cluster is available within the Institute.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time will be called for an Interview and/or Test by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
- For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test may be conducted.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- Master's degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area. Master's degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5 for OBC- NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PWD on a 10.0 point scale).