National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is one of the 31 institutions of national importance. It was established under the NIT Act of 2007 and is funded by the Government of India. The institute provides technical education and conducts research in the various branches of Engineering, Science, Technology and Management. NIT Calicut was established in 1961 as Regional Engineering College (REC) and was turned into an NIT in 2002. The institute has 11 academic departments: Architecture and Planning, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Physical Education. NIT Calicut has 3 schools under its umbrella: School of Biotechnology, School of Management Studies and School of Materials Science and Engineering. NIT Calicut offers B.Tech, B.Arch, MCA, MBA, M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Arch, PGD and PhD programmes.
NIT Calicut is located at Calicut Mukkam Road, Kattangal, Kerala. Kozhikode International Airport is the closest airport to the institute, located 31.4 km away. Nearest railway station to the institute is Vellayil Railway Station, located 21.4 km away and closest bus station is Kettangal Bus Stand, located at just 900 metres away.
- NIT Calicut is accredited by NBA
NIT Calicut has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Southern Indian Railways
- Texas Instruments
- Auburn University, USA
- Bosch, India
- Hamon Technologies LLP, Kozhikode
- Roma‐Tre University, Rome
- Veekesy Elastomers (P) Ltd. Calicut
- Peekay Steel Castings (P) Ltd., Calicut
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Club Mathematica- This Club helps students foster their skills in logic, reasoning and mathematics which helps them achieve success in interviews, competitive exams, aptitude tests etc. It also conducts activities in schools all over Kerala and Andhra Pradesh like its talent hunt competition Infinitum.
- Nature Club- Nature Club promotes nature preserving amongst its members. It conducts nature interactive activities like tree plantation, nature walks, bird watching, national park visits etc. which inculcates the idea of nature preservation among its members.
- Adventure Club- This Club conducts adventurous activities like Trekking, Marathons, Treasure Hunt, mountain climbing, rough sports & games to keep the adventurous spirit of its members alive.
- Club Unwired- This Club was formed to generate interest for Radio Controlled Modelling amongst the students. It participates in National and International technical festivals, design contests etc. It is active in generating technologies like R/C Aircraft, Cars, Boats, Astronomy, Amateur Rocketry, Robotics, Model Railway etc.
- Robotics Interest Group- This Club was formed to promote and enhance learning and research in the areas of Mechatronics/robotics and Intelligent Systems, Automation, Advanced Control Systems, Modeling and Simulation, and Sensors & Algorithms. Its aim is to acquire and impart knowledge and hands-on experience in these ever changing technologies.
- FOSSCell- FOSSCell is the Free and Open Source Software Club at the institute. It promotes the use of Free Software, through demonstrations, installation fests etc. It also encourages students to get involved in Free Software development. Major activities conducted by this Club are Linux Boot Camp, Basic Linux Workshop, Firefox OS Hackathon, Git week, Linux Workshop, Rust Workshop etc.
- Social Engineering Forum (SEF)- SEF is the innovation club at the institute. It conducts innovation activities at the institute like hackathons. It also takes part in inter-college innovation events.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 5.41 Lakhs
- Seats: 182 Seats
- Total Fees: 5.41 Lakhs
- Seats: 157 Seats
- Total Fees: 5.41 Lakhs
- Seats: 155 Seats
- Total Fees: 5.41 Lakhs
- Seats: 155 Seats
Exams and Cutoffs
National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NIT, Calicut) offers B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Sc, MBA, MCA and PhD programme. Admission to B.Tech and B.Arch courses will be done through JoSAA counselling on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in JEE Mains. Admission to various M.Tech courses will be done on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) after which the candidates have to appear in CCMT counselling. Admission to M.Sc courses will be done through CCMN counselling on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in Joint Admission Test (JAM). For admission to MCA courses, candidates have to appear in NIMCET on the basis of which candidates need to appear for the counselling at the institute. Candidates who want to seek admission in PhD programme have to apply for the programme first after which the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their academic records will be called for further admission process which includes written test and interview. Admission processes for various courses offered by NIT Calicut are listed below:
- Candidates have to appear for JEE Main Paper-1 (For B.Tech)/Paper-2 (For B.Arch) entrance exam and secure the cut-off rank.
- Candidates then have to appear for JoSAA/CSAB counselling where they will do the choice filling for the programmes and college they want admission in.
- Shortlisting of candidates is done in JoSAA/CSAB counselling on the basis of their JEE Main rank.
- During the option filling, candidates have to select NIT Calicut as their preference for admission.
- Final selection is done on the basis of choice filling, option locking, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Examination.
- Then, candidates have to register and appear for CCMT counselling.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done through CCMT counselling based on their GATE rank.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for NSR Round at NIT Calicut.
- Candidates shortlisted at the NSR Round will have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on the performance in Personal Interview.
For M.Tech/M.Arch(M.Plan) (sponsored):
- Candidates have to apply for admission online admission/offline at NIT Calicut.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by the institute.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Test and/or Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on the performance in Test and/or Personal Interview.
- Candidates have to appear for JAM Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for CCMN counselling round at NIT Calicut.
- Final selection will be done as per CCMN norms based on JAM score.
- Candidates need to appear for CAT/JMET Entrance Exam.
- Candidates then need to apply for admission online/offline at NIT Calicut.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of their CAT/JMET score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Candidates need to appear for NIMCET Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates need to apply for admission offline/online at NIT Calicut.
- Candidates then need to appear for counselling round at NIT Calicut.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done through counselling based on their NIMCET score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidates need to apply for admission online/offline at NIT Calicut.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on their past academic records.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on the performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Engineering and Architecture (B.Arch)
NIT Calicut has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The institute has its own fleet of buses that provides transportation facilities to the students for their convenience. The campus networking centre provides internet and intranet facilities to the students, staff and faculty of the college whereas the computing centre of National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NIT, Calicut) caters to all the computing requirement. Students can avail all of these facilities . NIT Calicut facilities are listed below:
- Central Computer Centre- It serves for the computing requirements of the whole institute. It has four fully operational terminals spread over three floors. The Centre has more than 190 client machines and has a capacity to include 400+ machines. Desktops are HP Prodesk 600 G2, DELL OPTIPLEX 755 and 7010 series while workstations are Fujitsu Celsius W570 power, HP XW4550 and DELL Precision series machines. DELL PowerEdge T620 is the server at the centre which has a dual Hexa-core processor and HP ProLiant Rack server which has a dual Quad-core processor.
- Library- The library at the institute has a vast collection of e-books, online journals, print journals, subscription to many magazines and newspapers. There is also a digital library which opens the students and faculties of the institute to a world of facilities like Eduserver, DSpace, Eikon, J-Gate, Mathscinet, NPTEL, Turnitin etc.
- Campus Networking Centre- Campus Networking Centre provides internet and intranet facilities to all users of the institute. The centre has high end computational servers. The institute has 21 KM of Fibre Optic cable backbone with fifty routed internal networks. It also handles software and hardware related issues of the institute community.
- Engineering Unit- This Unit handles all duties related to constructions, maintenance, electrification, and water supply of the college. It is also responsible for construction of new buildings, roads, electricity requirements, etc.
- Guest House- There is a guest house for the guests of the institute. A/C and Non A/C rooms both are available there. It also has a fully-fledged conference room.
- Health Centre- There is a 24X7 health centre at the institute. It is manned by experienced doctors and staff. Laboratory, ambulance service and referral to nearby hospitals is also available. Counselling service is also provided.
- Hostels- The institute has 11 hostels for boys and 2 hostels for girls. A few flats are also available for boys. The total capacity of all hostels is about 6000. All hostels have common room and recreational centre where newspapers, magazines, TVs and indoor sports/games facilities are available. Guest room facilities are available in each hostel for the relatives/guests of the residents. 24 hour internet and computational facilities are also available. Girls hostel has facilities like ladies gym, stitching and tailoring centre, hostel library, fitness parlour, indoor sports centre, DTP centre, Ice-cream shop, co-operative store.
- Transport- The institute provides transport facility through its own buses to the nearby towns in the morning and evening. Bus facility is also provided during afternoon from the east campus towards girls hostel area.
College life is very important.
Last Seen: 26 May' 20
Joined On: 24 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
A good place to improve your technical skills.
Not as expected
Questions related to NIT Calicut
How much estimated marks or percentile is necessary in jee to study computer science or electrical engineering in NIT calicut with homestate reservation???
Hope you are doing great!!!
As per the previous year cutoff trends ,the cutoff rank for electrical engineering for general category and home state reservation,22259 which comes nearly to 97 percentile.And for computer science the cutoff rank 11022 which comes nearly to 99 percentile.But the cutoff ranks may vary from year to year.
You can check the previous year cutoff for NIT Calicut in the given link below:
Hope it helps!!!
I got 99.0293652 percentile in JEE MAIN paper 2 January 2020. Can I get B Arch in NIT calicut?
Your expected rank will be around 1093 and the formula to calculate it is (100-your total percentile)*112679/100
112679 candidates appeared in January session in Paper 2. You have not mentioned your category and state. Check the cut off in 2019 for NIT, Calicut, the ranks are for other state and home state respectively
- General: 1362, 1668
- EWS: 230, 333
- OBC-NCL: 804, 693
- SC: 358,676
- ST: 81, 1108
Considering this you may get seat irrespective of your category. But cut off is subjected to change depending on number of candidates appeared, number of seats etc. To know the other college in which you may get seat you can use our JEE main college predictor tool https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-college-predictor
how much percentile is needed to get a seat in NIT national institute of technology of anything in CSE course computer science and engineering
If you want CSE branch in any of the NITs than you should try to score more than 99.7 percentile if you belongs to general category but if you belongs to some reservation category than you should try to score more than 99.5 percentile.
I hope this information helps you.
I got 94.2 Percentile in jee main.can I get admission in Mechanical engineering in NIT Calicut.I am in Kerala.I am belongs to OBC category??
NIT Calicut offers about 10 BTech course including mechanical engineering also. Jossa have not release the cutoff of JEE main 2020 NIT Calicut yet. Actually the cutoff trend changes every year. So it is quite difficult to tell about that.
Although you got a good percentile. So you have a chance for get admission here.
Click on the link below to know more previous year cutoff for NIT Calicut
what is the minimum mark and percentile in jee main to get admission in Mechanical engineering in NIT Calicut??
As NIT Calicut is one of the top NITs and therefore there is huge competition between JEE-Main aspirants to get seat in this college due to which cut-off also goes very high.
As you have not mentioned your state and category so it is little bit difficult to guide you exactly with the marks. But if you belongs to general category than you should score 98 percentile or around 200 marks to get seat in Mechanical engineering in NIT Calicut.
Note that cut-offs are bound to change every year and above prediction is based on previous years data.
For more details about previous years cut-offs fo Mechanical engineering in NIT Calicut you should refer to the link given below :-
I hop this information helps you.
School of Management, NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019: School of Management,....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: