WHAT IS AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS ?
If you fantasised about designing a ‘RoboCop’ or were awe-struck with ‘Iron Man’ powers; you may have an inclination towards pursuing automation and robotics course. Automation and robotics is a specialised engineering branch that provides in-depth knowledge in the areas concerning electro-mechanics, robotic sensors, automatic system and artificial intelligence. The course also deals with designing robots, maintaining them, developing new applications and research in the automation system. Concepts like auto-driven cars are the genesis of automation and robotics course.Expand
- For UG: The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from CBSE or any other equivalent examination board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. The candidates should also fulfil minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of the subjects.
- For PG: The candidate should have a B.Tech degree with a minimum passing percentage in an aggregate of the subjects studied at undergraduate level.
SCOPE OF AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS
- Increasing demand for quality products and services at low cost has led industries towards automation and robotics engineering.
- In near future, robotics and automatic systems will be replacing human labour force in a number of hazardous places including mining.
- The industry requires specialised workforce to replace manual labourers who will be in charge of the automated machines and robots.
- Automatic Control Systems
- Basics of Robotics
- Digital Electronics
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Sensors and Instrumentation
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Automation and Robotics
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 3987 Joined
- 233 Questions
Automation and Robotics Engineering Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi Mechanical EngineeringView all tags
I have heard that in many PSUs they do not take the candidates of Mechanical and Automation Engg. (IPU) Delhi . Is it true?
if its true so what is the procedure to get equivalent degree in mechanical engineering from IPU delhi?
Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara Course National Institute of Technology National Institute of Technology, Calicut Course National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra Course National Institute of Technology, Manipur Course Automation and RoboticsView all tags
Robotic course present in nit?
Does all the degree r required?
Graduate & Above In Graduation Indian Institute of Technology Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara Course National Institute of Technology National Institute of Technology, Calicut Course National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra Course National Institute of Technology, Manipur Course Automation and RoboticsView all tags
Sir there are very less collages (IIT/NIT) which offer robotics in UG level. So which course should I take in UG level to do robotics in PG.