- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Bangalore University, Bangalore
AIMS Institutes, Bangalore started offering the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Degree programme from the academic year 2007-08 to provide students education in the areas of Commerce, Accounting, Banking and Business Law. This programme highlights the concepts and skills of Accountancy and Computer applications.
The curriculum of B.Com degree course includes evolving and applying finance and computer application concepts to Commerce. The Commerce department at AIMS Institutes, one of the best commerce colleges in Bangalore, gives primary importance to constantly improving the method of teaching and evaluation. Besides lectures, the department conducts group discussions and seminars related to various aspects of commerce. Role plays and simulation labs are used to mimic real-life scenarios requiring prompt decision-making and quick analysis of situations. This helps the students gain valuable experience through field study as well as simulation exercises.
Apart from the normal curriculum students get to participate in cross cultural group activities like clubs and meetings during their free time, where they learn to develop their interpersonal skills. Students are also encouraged to take part in team activities like debates, extempore challenges and public speaking helping them to explore their talents and skills.
There is no entrance examination for admission into B.Com degree course offered at AIMS Institutes, Bangalore. However, students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by Bangalore University and attend the personal interviews at AIMS Institutes, Bangalore. They will be selected based on the performance in these two aspects. The interview will be on general discussion about the students’ goals their likes/dislikes, their motivation to study at AIMS Institutes, and their future career plans.
- Candidates need to visit the online portal of AIMS Institutes to register themselves for the programme on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam.
The qualifications for B. Com admissions have been adapted for students belonging to various states and countries. Here’s a look at the eligibility criteria for admissions into the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree course.
KARNATAKA / Non-KARNATAKA - Pass in PUC or any other equivalent examination. Students with good communication skills are preferred.
STUDENTS FROM SRILANKA, NEPAL, BANGLADESH & BHUTAN
- GCE / JGCSE / GCSE Certification with passes in a minimum of TWO subjects at 'O' level & TWO subjects at 'A' level.
- Pass Certificate (12 years) of any discipline, recognized by the national level board/council of any country.
- GCE / JGCSE / GCSE Certification with passes in a minimum of FIVE subjects at 'O' level & TWO subjects at 'A' level.
- Pass certificate / Diploma of a Secondary Stage Level Examination(TWELVE Years) of any discipline, recognized by the national level board/council of any country.