About Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur
Al Kabir Polytechnic (AKP), Jamshedpur was established in the year 1990. AKP is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The college offers polytechnic courses in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science Engineering. AKP is affiliated to the Jharkhand University of Technology.
AKP is located at Road Number 15 East, Kabir Nagar, Kopali, Mango, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Tatanagar Junction Railway Station is 11 km away and Jamshedpur Mango Bus Stand is 3.4 km away from the college. Sonari Airport is 8.5 km away and it will take around 23 minutes to reach the college. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur Admission Process:
Al Kabir Polytechnic Jamshedpur offers admission to the polytechnic courses. Admission to the courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination conducted by the JCECEB. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Polytechnic Courses:
- Candidates should qualify entrance examination conducted by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB).
- Eligible candidates should fill an application form on the website of AKP.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the college level counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur offers various infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as a library with a collection of books, canteen to serve food to the students and faculty, separate hostels for boys and girls, conference room that can be used to conduct conferences, meetings, seminars. Various other facilities like girls' common rooms, wi-fi, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic formats, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Canteen: The college has a cafeteria available for the students and faculty that serves food to them at reasonable rates.
- Hostel: AKP has a separate hostel for boys and girls with other facilities such as water cooler, wi-fi, etc. Warden is also available to take care of the students.
- Conference Room: Various seminars, presentations, conferences, film screenings, theatre and cultural performances, etc are conducted in the conference room of AKP.
- Sports: AKP provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Questions related to Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur
is phone allowed in al kabir hostel??
Now a days, a mobile has become more of a necessity than a luxury. It is one of the most used communication mediums. And so, Phone is allowed in Al Kabir Hostel. If you are joining there for the 1st year, first year students have a separate Hostel building to prevent any ragging activities. For the facilities that the College hostel provides, check: https://alkabir.in/index.php/facilities/hostel.html
what is the registration no. / body of the institute
Al-Kabir Polytechnic, Jamshedpur is recognized by State Board of Technical Education or SBTE , Govt. of Jharkhand and approved by All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ), Govt. of India. It is one of the first private institutes, run by Kabir Welfare Society in Jamshedpur.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: