Assam Engineering College was established in the year 1955 and was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The institute is also known as AEC and is considered as a premier institute in North East. Assam Engineering College is affiliated to Gauhati University and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. AEC offers Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Industrial & Production Engineering. AEC also offers MCA and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME), Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
AEC is located at Assam Engineering College Road, Jalukbari, Guwahati in Assam. Kamakhya Junction Railway Station is around 7 km away from the institute. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is around 13 km away and ISBT: Guwahati (Inter-State Bus Terminus) is around 8 km away from Assam Engineering College.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- EDC - Entrepreneurial Development Club provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Coding Club
- Robotics Club
- AEC JAM CLUB
- ART ARTIST ARTWORK-AEC
- BEATHOUSE - This is the Dance Club of the college that has graceful dancers who perform dance in various forms
- AEC LITERARY SOCIETY - Assam Engineering College has a literary society that nurtures the literary talent and the students are a part of various literary events.
- MUKHAA-The Drama Society
- ENGERY CLUB - ThClub actively works to conserve energy and believes in the moto that - Energy Conserved is Life Preserved.
- AEC Media Cell
- Red Ribbon Club - This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
Courses & Fees
Exams and Cutoffs
Assam Engineering College Admission
Assam Engineering College offers Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Industrial & Production Engineering. AEC also offers MCA and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME), Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering. Admission to B.Tech programme is offered on the basis of Assam Common Entrance Examination known as Assam CEE conducted by Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU) whereas, for admission to MCA, aspirants have to appear and qualify Joint MCA Entrance Exam (JMEE) conducted by Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU). M.Tech admission is offered on the basis of departmental entrance examination conducted by the college. The details of the AEC admission procedure is given below:
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Assam Common Entrance Examination known as Assam CEE conducted by Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU).
- Candidates have to qualify the Assam CEE in order to be a part of the further stages of the admission process and the names of the shortlisted candidates will appear in the merit list.
- For lateral entry, candidates have to appear in Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE).
- Aspiring candidates qualifying the entrance examination have to participate in the Assam CEE counselling and they have to report to the counselling venue and seats will be allotted to them on the basis of merit and the choices opted by them and they also have to get their documents verified and pay the course fee.
- Final selection of the engineering aspirant will be done on the merit of Assam CEE, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for admission to the M.Tech course have to apply online on the website of the college and have to appear and qualify departmental entrance examination conducted by the college.
- Further, candidates who qualify the entrance exam will further move to the last stage of the admission process that is document verification and fee payment.
- The final selection of the students is done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination, institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to the MCA course offered by Assam Engineering College have to apply and appear for Joint MCA Entrance Exam (JMEE) conducted by Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU).
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam, and such candidates shall be a part of the counselling process and hence they will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates have to reports to the counselling venue and participate in the JMEE counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission to the course will be based on the marks secured in JMEE, participation in the JMEE counselling procedure, seat allotment document verification and fee payment.
Assam Engineering College has a well-developed infrastructure. There are seven boy’s and one girl’s hostel providing accommodation to the students and rooms are available on a single or double/multi sharing basis. The canteen provides nutritious and healthy meals, snacks, beverages to the students. The library has a variety of collection of books and has a subscription of weeklies, periodicals, journals. The computing centre provides internet facility and fulfils the compilation requirements. The facilities of Assam Engineering College are listed below:
- Hostel - AEC has well-designed hostels that provide accommodation to the students and have seven boy’s and one girl’s hostel. Rooms are available on a single or double/multi sharing basis. Various facilities such as a fully-equipped Gymnasium, table-tennis room, 24/7 wifi network, spacious dining-hall, etc are provided for the students.
- Canteen - Canteen services are provided to the students of Assam Engineering College and nutritious and healthy meals, snacks, beverages are served to the students from 7.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M. on all working days.
- Library - AEC has a library that has a variety of collection of books and has a subscription of weeklies, periodicals, journals on a variety of subjects, number of dailies, etc. The library has a separate reading room for students and the faculty.
- Central Computing Centre - The CCC facility fulfils the computation needs of the students and the teaching staff. Central Computing Centre provides internet facility to all Departments, faculty rooms, library, and administrative office.
- Health Care - The institute takes care of the health of the members of the institute and has a fully-functional hospital maned - AEC Hospital that has residential doctor and staff.
- Sports - The college motivates students to take part in athletic programmes and it also provides sports facilities and they can take part in various outdoor and indoor sports and keep their mind refreshed and have a healthy body.
- Marketing Complex - Assam Engineering College has a marketing complex that provides essentials to the students at an affordable price.
- Auditorium/Seminar Halls - The institute has an auditorium/seminar halls that are used to organise various cultural programmes and events for the students.
- Gymnasium - Assam Engineering College has a well-equipped gymnasium with all the latest gym equipment that can be used by the students during their free time for their workout.
Life at AEC
Last Seen: 18 Aug' 20
Joined On: 18 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BE Electrical Engineering
Assam Engineering College,Guwahati
Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
Assam engineering college, Guwahati
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: