- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3.5 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a three and half year full-time diploma program offered by Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV
- 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with an aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- The student should be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY conducted by National Institute of Open School with 40% marks.
- The student shall be admitted once in a year.