- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is a two-year full-time program that is the undergraduate level in the nursing course offered by Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- Should have qualified in Diploma in Nursing and be a registered Nurse and Midwife in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council or any other State Nursing Council and also register in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council accepted by the University.
- After GNM with the Registration certificate from the Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council, the candidate can be permitted to join in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing without work experience.
- If the registration certificate cannot be obtained immediately, the original evidence for registration in the form of a receipt or any other authenticated document from the office of the Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council will be acceptable in lieu of the Registration Certificate.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of in any one of the following areas: O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Occupational Nursing
- To be eligible for admission to this course, a candidate shall have
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University for this purpose. Those who have done 10 + 1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical Fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.