EGS Pillay Engineering College (EGSPEC), Nagapattinam was established in the year 1995 by the G. S. Pillay & Sons Educational & Charitable Trust, Nagapattinam with the sanction of the Government of Tamilnadu. EGSPEC is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The courses of the institute is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. EGSPEC offers Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Engineering, Master of Business Administration and Master in Computer Application Programme to the students.
EGS Pillay Engineering College is located at Old Nagore Main Rd, Thethi village, Nagore, Nagapattinam, in Tamil Nadu. Nagore is around 3 km away from the college. Chennai International Airport is approx 293 km away from the institute. State Transport Bus Station is around 3 km away from the institution. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach EGSPEC.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
EGSPEC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- ORACLE Academy
- EMC Corporation
- Amphisoft, E-Box
- ICT Academy
- National Instruments
- LinuXpert Systems
- CISCO Academy
- Dell EMC
- NIOS Fire and Safety Institute
- ABC Bricks Industry
- College of Fisheries Engineering
- CAD Academy
- Praveen NDT Instruments
- Micro Genesis
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Nagapattinam
- APKS oil industry, Coimbatore
- IMeditaSolutions Pvt Ltd
- BSK Consultant
- Bootcamp Consultant
- Keymind Tech
- Praveen Institute of Radiation Technology, Chennai.
- K. V.Samy Auto Works Ambaganathur
- Kumar Tools & Dies, Chennai
- Radha Plastic Kote Industries, Karaikal
- Murugan Industries
- Ram Tech Industry, Chennai
- Ganesh Agrofarm Ltd, Pulivalam
- Air Design Engineered Solution, Chennai
- Project Work Ltd, Tharangambadi
- P.N.R Ice Plant, Poombukar
- Parvatham Trader, Nagapattinam
- Arjun Technology (I) Ltd, Chennai
- Venkatanarayana Steel Ltd
- ETA Refrigeration, Pondicherry
- Mercury Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd.Thiruvarur
- KVR ICE Plant
- ETA Refrigeration
- Esten Engineering Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- HOV Services, Chennai
- Kalvi Institute
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Youth Red Cross: It s a non-religious, non-political and non-sectarian international body that is meant for humanitarian services.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Red Ribbons Club: This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas.
- Women Empowerment Cell: The Women Empowerment Cell of EGS PGC addresses the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 31 Dec 2022 and the score is 3.02 .
Exams and Cutoffs
EGS Pillay Engineering College offers admission to various undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech) courses. Admission to B.Tech is done through TNEA counselling process conducted by the Kerala Government while admission to M.Tech course is done on the basis of TANCET examination followed by counselling process. The detailed admission processes of EGSPEC are given below:
- Candidates have to register and apply online on the website of Anna University for participating in TNEA counselling based on the merit of their qualifying exam.
- Based on participation in TNEA counselling, document verification and fee payment, candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidate needs to register and appear for TANCET Examination conducted by Anna University.
- Then, candidates need to register for Tamil Nadu Common Admissions conducted by Anna University.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET candidates will be allotted ranks for shortlisting of candidates.
- GATE scores are also accepted for admission to M.Tech course.
- Final admission will be offered to candidates on the basis of marks secured in TANCET, document verification and fee payment.
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
EGS Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Computing Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Library: The institution library has all kinds of text and reference books. Students can avail the facility of digital library.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a cafeteria that provides nutritious and tasty snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with latest technologies and equipment.
Questions related to EGS Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam
you collage is attanamus collage or not
EGS Pillay Engineering College (Nagapattam) is a pioneering non-grant engineering College in the State and is an autonomous college accredited by NBA to Anna University (chennai) and approved by AICTE (New Delhi). It is accredited by NAAC with Grade A
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2022 ; CGPA : 3.02