- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
Master of Arts (MA) in English is a full-time two-year postgraduate course and it is offered by the Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur.
- The student must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Graduation (a Three-year Degree Course) or it's equivalent from a recognized University.
- As per the University rules a gap of two years between the year of passing the qualifying examination and year of admission is allowed. However, there is a provision to deduct 2% marks and 5% of maximum marks in graduation in case of a gap one and two years respectively. (The student has to produce an affidavit from Notary in the given format at the time of counselling)
- Admission is based on merit. The merit index is prepared as under :
- Merit Index = Marks obtained in Graduation + Marks obtained in the concerned subject in Graduation + Weightage of marks - Deduction for a gap year(s) A weightage of 2% of maximum marks in graduation shall be given as weightage to those students who have passed the qualifying examination from this college.
- The candidates are required to apply separately for each subject.