Admission Process 2021
The college offers admission to B. Sc in Fashion Designing, B.Sc. in Home Science, M.Sc. Home Science in Clothing and Textiles/Foods and Nutrition/Human Development and Family Relations, Post Graduate Diploma in Child Guidance and Family Counseling/ Fashion Designing/Nutrition and Dietetics to the students. Admission is offered on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination and then candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of merit have to participate in the institute level counselling process. Government Home Science College, Chandigarh admission procedure is given below:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by Government Home Science College, Chandigarh have to apply online on the website of Department of Higher Education Chandigarh Administration and submit an online application.
- Admission to all the courses are offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination and English is a compulsory subject for admission to the undergraduate courses.
- On the basis of the qualifying exam, a merit list will be prepared to shortlist the candidates who will be a part of the further admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the institute counselling process for seat allotment and then they have to get their document verified and pay the requisite fee.
- For centralised courses, candidates have to participate in the centralised counselling process and for the rest courses, aspiring candidates have to participate in the institute level counselling process.
- Final selection criteria of Government Home Science College, Chandigarh admission includes shortlisting candidates on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.