About H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad
Hargovandas Lakhmichand College of Commerce (H L College of Commerce) was established in the year 1936 by the Ahmedabad Education Society (AES) with the donation given by Shri Amritlal Hargovandas and Shri Tribhovandas Hargovandas in the sacred memory of their father Shri Hargovandas Lakhmichand. The institute is also known as HL College. H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad is a part of the Gujrat University. HL College offers undergraduate and postgraduate course to the students in commerce stream.
HL College is located at H.L Campus, S. V. Desai, Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad in Gujarat. Chandlodiya is around 5 km away from the institute. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport is approx 13 km away and GSRTC Central Bus Depot is around 6 km away. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
- H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- The Orator’s Podium - Orator’s Podium of the institute helps in improving the oratory skills of the students and also helps them in getting command over the English language as English has become a global language and is demanded everywhere we go. The members of this club are engaged in debates, elocution, creative writing, story writing, poetry recitation, hat speeches, poetry completion, essay writing and group discussions.
- The Rainbow Palette - This Club is for Fine Arts and Creative activities and students interested in this showcases their creative talent and participates in events like painting, photography, face painting, rangoli, mehndi, poster making, collage, cartooning, clay modelling, hair braiding, etc.
- The Harmony Music Club - The Music Club of the college organises various musical events and programmes for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their musical talent.
- Student Council: The Student Council maintains and enhances student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas and represents the student body in all matters. The council acts as a link between the faculty and the students of the college.
- The Jhankar Beats Dance Club - This Club of H L Colleges has well-trained dancers who perform in various dance competitions and function and showcase their dancing skills.
- Einstein’s Protégés for Quiz Club - This is the Quiz Society of H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
- The Theatre Artists Club - The Club of the college is for theatre and dramatics enthusiasts. This club consists of actors and performers. It organises events like street plays, stage plays etc.
- Infostring Club for management events & games
- Eco-Buddy Club - The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
- HLCCMUN - Model United Nation of H L College helps in the better understanding of nuances of diplomacy, international politics and relations and helps them to enhance their skills in debates and discussions.
- HLCC-Robinhood Army Club - This Club works for the betterment of the society and they work together to fight hunger and distribute food amongst the needy by collecting it from Hotels, Restaurants, Hostel’s Canteens etc.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Highlights
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Courses & Fees
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Admissions
HL College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students in commerce stream. Admission to the undergraduate course is offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination and further, candidates have to participate in the counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment. H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad admission process is given below in details:
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Student Reviews
A great experience
Last Seen: 16 Sep' 16
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2015
Excellent college experience
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2016
A college which helps you to grow and think better.
Last Seen: 07 Sep' 16
Joined On: 07 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2015
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Facilities
H L College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The facilities of H L College are listed below.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Gallery
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Notable Alumni
H L College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
A comfortable and family-like environment is available in separate hostels for boys Our hostel accommodation is provided at reasonable rates, in college vicinity.
A comfortable and family-like environment is available in separate hostels for Girls Our hostel accommodation is provided at reasonable rates, in college vicinity.
College Provide an open-access library for independent browsing and a spacious, well-lighted reading room, for undisturbed study hour. Come update yourself through a rich collection of over 50,000 books, more than 50 national and international journals, periodicals and magazines. The college also provides free internet surfing and locker facility.
A large sports ground with facilities for sports like cricket, football, basketball, hockey, badminton and other track and field events. Well equipped gymkhana with facilities for table tennis, carrom, chess
A well-equipped computer centre. A video projector along with a video library for educational films. A State of the Art Audio Visual Auditorium.
The college hosts regular guest lectures and literary events in our Auditorium to widen your horizons.
The college has a good networking for alumni association.
The college has Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
Digital English Language Lab (DELL): A powerful audio-visual tool with 24 stations connected with a server for independent practice under expert guidance for English language proficiency development and effective speaking, listening, reading and writing, for you to enrich, enhance and empower your language.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: