- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing is a four-year full-time program that is the undergraduate level in the nursing course offered by Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- Age: A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the said age on or before 31st. December of the year of admission to the B.Sc (Nursing) degree course.
- Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the B.Sc Degree course in Nursing (Basic) should have passed the qualifying examinations (Academic stream) after a period of 12 years of study with the following subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Botany and Zoology.
- Individual pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany & Zoology both Theory & Practical with a minimum of 35% marks in each of the above subjects is mandatory. – Aggregate 45% minimum.
- A pass in English with a minimum of 35% marks in mandatory. Grace pass / Deficiency condoned / Mercy pass, Declared Pass / Exempted pass in other optional subjects (except the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany & Zoology and English) shall be accepted for the issue of Eligibility certificate for admission to B.Sc., Nursing (Basic) Degree course.
- Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physicality fit to pursue the academic course.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be passing of: Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course).
- Senior School certificate examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2).
- An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE).