About K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce was established in September 1959 and it was founded by Padma Bhushan Shri K. J. Somaiya. The institute is also known as K J Somaiya College. The college is recognised by University Grants Commission under 2(f) and 12(b) of U.G.C. Act and is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai and it also enjoys linguistic minority status. K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students in the field of Arts and Commerce.
K J Somaiya College is located at Ghatkopar - Mahul Road, Vidyanagar, Vidya Vihar East, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Railway Station is around 2 km away from the college campus. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is around 6 km away from K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Bus Depot is approximately 3 km away from the college and it takes around 11 minutes to reach the college from the bus depot.
Accreditation and Collaboration
The institute is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- University of Applied sciences Upper Austria campus Steyr, Mumbai
- CASI Global, Mumbai
- Shree Jhaverchand Meghani Loksahitya Kendra Rajkot, Mumbai
- IISFT skills Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Saint Martin’s University Washington, Mumbai
- University of Newcastle Australia, Mumbai
- Sykes and Ray Edupo, Mumbai
- Pontifical Urbaniana University (Vatican City), Mumbai
- New Jersey City University (US) and Jagiellonian University (Poland), Mumbai
- DYU D’Cunha, Mumbai
- DIGI Ally, Unit of star Jaisi digital ooH media Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai
- Endeavour careers Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Skyline HR solution, Mumbai
- CII – Naoroji Godrej model career centre, Mumbai
- Bejing International studies University, Mumbai
- Masterstroke Pro, Mumbai
- Rainmakers, Mumbai
- Empower U, Mumbai
- CATking, Mumbai
- Endeavour Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- SAMANA, Mumbai
- Aavkaar Firms and Production House, Mumbai
- Universidad de Navarra , Mumbai
- Universiti Utara Malaysia, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute of Singapore, Mumbai
- IMC University of Applied Science Krems Australia, Mumbai
- Duale Hochshule Baden – Wottemberg State University, Mumbai
- Thomas Cook (India) Ltd, Mumbai
- University of Vaasa Finland, Mumbai
- Piramal Foundation for Education Leadership, Mumbai
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- NSS - National Service Scheme is a public service programme conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India that works for the upliftment and betterment of the society and the NSS of K J Somaiya College works in this direction through community service. The students of NSS serve society and helps the underprivileged section of society so that they can have a better life and have the least amount of suffering.
- Association for Environmental Awareness - This Association focuses on environment protection and makes them aware of initiatives that need to be taken as a solution for the environmental issue and various environmental protection and awareness programmes are organised.
- Association of Political Science - This Association organises various activities related to Political Science and helps in translating the realities of politics to theories in different ways.
- EDC - Entrepreneurial Development Club nurtures aspiring entrepreneurship talent and encourages them to come up with innovative business ideas and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs.
- NCC - National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of Armed Forces that work to serve the nation and spread the spirit of patriotism and service for the nation amongst the young citizens. The young minds are motivated and well trained so that they can join the armed forces and work selflessly for the nation making sure that serving the nation will be their first priority.
- Commerce Association - The commerce association helps the students in taking their career-related decisions in Commerce and accountancy.
- Economics Association - The economics association helps the students in giving an insight into the complex nature of problems in the discipline of Economics and also gives them knowledge about the domestic and international economy.
- English Athenaeum - This Association of the college nurtures the creative talent and students are engaged in Creative Writing and they are also given exposure to English Literature of different nationalities.
- Gujarati Sahitya Mandal - It gives an opportunity to the students and showcase their talent and helps the students to understand the importance of Gujarati and promote Gujarati culture, literature and participate in various programmes.
- History Association - This Association of K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce motivates students to take interest in heritage, tradition and archaeology and explore History.
- Hindi Parisabha - It has students interested in Hindi Literature and teaches them traditional values.
- Marathi Prabodhan - This association focuses on the overall personality development of the students and helps them to enhance their skills for their overall personality development.
- Sanskrit Sabha - The Sanskrit Sabha promotes Sanskrit culture inculcates values and knowledge in the Sanskrit language.
- Sociology Association - This Association spreads awareness about various social and health issues and organises various guest lectures and competitions and also provides experiential learning.
- Drushti Film Forum - This Forum of K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce has film enthusiasts that discuss and appreciate the films across the globe.
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Highlights
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Courses & Fees
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Admissions
K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce Admission
K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce offers admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses along with admission to class 11 to the student in the field of Arts and Commerce. Admission to all the courses offered by the institute shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 10 for admission to class 11, marks obtained in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation for PG admission. Candidates who fulfil the K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce cutoff requirement are shortlisted for admission. The detailed admission process is given below:
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Student Reviews
the best college with a humongous campus in Mumbai
Last Seen: 04 May' 21
Joined On: 04 May' 21
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2023
One of the Best College Over Mumbai
Last Seen: 29 Apr' 21
Joined On: 29 Apr' 21
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2020
You brought to you bro stay blessed and enjoy the rest of th
Last Seen: 08 Feb' 21
Joined On: 08 Feb' 21
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Class 11
- Batch of 2025
Overall a great experience but average placements.
Last Seen: 15 Jul' 20
Joined On: 15 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2022
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Facilities
K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce Facilities
Laboratories, sports, library, computing facilities, etc, are some of the facilities provided by K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce. The laboratories of the institute are well equipped with modern instruments. The library has a variety of collections of books and students can utilize their free time in the library. The computational needs are taken care of by the IT centre.
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Gallery
Questions related to K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
Does Fergusson College, Pune and K.J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai offer B.A Honours Economics OR B.A Programme with specialisation in Economics in the 3rd year?
Yes Fegusson College does offer a BA course in Economics. You can verify the same at this link:
Moreover K.J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai also offers a course on B.A.- Degree in Economics (Three year- Semester system). You can verify the same at this link: https://kjsac.somaiya.edu/en/programme/kjsac-ba/economics
So both the colleges offer the required degree. Choose wisely!
is MAT score accept this college
You have tagged KJ SOmaiya college of arts and science and MAT exam is for management students. For getting an admission into MBA, the candidate has to be a graduate. KJ Somaiya college of arts and science provides courses like:-
- Finanacial market:- Bachelor of commerce
- Management studies:- BMS
- Business communication
these are some or other way are related to management studies. If you want to learn any of these then you can join the college.
it provides many more courses too. For more details please check link given below:-
Hope it helps!
K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a Gym facility for the students.
The library has a collection of nearly 85234 books. Nearly 3000 books are purchased and processed every year in the library. Library subscribes nearly 50 periodicals. It has a collection of maps, CD-ROMs, audio and video cassettes. Past question papers and syllabi are also made available.
Two large playgrounds for outdoor games such as Cricket, Football and Volleyball. Till date, students have won various tournaments and brought name and fame to the college. Special Innovative Coaching provided by coaches of National and International repute as well as ex-students of our college.
High-end computers with high configuration. Dot Matrix and Laser Printers purchased Upgraded the computer license of Symantec Endpoint Protection. Fibre optic cable with a speed of 1 Mbps installed for the internet. New Softwares installed according to the syllabi of various courses.
Seven tasty canteens are located in the campus. They are open from 7 a.m. until late evening. All our canteens serve different cuisines including South Indian, Chinese, Continental and fast food. Our Vadapav, masala pav, chat, schezwan rice and noodles, tava pulav, pizzas, Frankie and sandwiches etc are very popular among the students. Tea, coffee and cold drinks are also available.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a health centre with first aid facility for the students.
The college has a Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
The college has a good networking for the alumni association.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council