Kalindi College was established in the year 1967. The institute is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and it is a college for women. The undergraduate courses offered by the institution are B.A. (Programme), B.Com. (Programme), B. Com. (Hons.), B.A. (Hons.) English, B.A. (Hons.) Economics, B.A. (Hons.) Journalism, B.A. (Hons.) History, B.A. (Hons.) Geography, B.A. (Hons.) Political Science, B.A. (Hons.) Hindi, B.A. (Hons.) Sanskrit, B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science, B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics, B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics, B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany, B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology, B.Sc. (Prog.) Life Science, B.Sc. (Prog.) Physical Sciences whereas the postgraduate programmes are M.A. Hindi, M.A. Sanskrit and M.A. Political Science.
Kalindi College is located at Block 49, East Patel Nagar, Patel Nagar in New Delhi. New Delhi Railway Station is at a distance of approximately 5 km away from the college. Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 19 km away and Shadipur Depot is around 3 km away from Kal.indi College. The nearest metro station is Patel Nagar Metro Station which is around 1 km away from the college campus. Candidates can hire an auto-rickshaw to reach the institute.
Kalindi College, New Delhi is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Debating Society - Vagartha is the debating society of the institute and students actively participate in various Hindi and English debate competitions and enhance their public speaking skills, oratory skills and communication skills.
- Quiz Society - Brain Twister is the quizzing society of Kalindi College, New Delhi and the members participate in various quiz competitions.
- Dramatic Society - The dramatics society of the institution has drama and acting enthusiasts and students are a part of various street plays, one-act play, skits, etc. The street play team is called Mehfil- E- Raqs and the One-Act Play team is called Mehfil- E- Raqs.
- Music Society - Kalindi College has a music society named Mausiqui that has music lovers who are passionate about music and showcase their musical talent to the audience.
- Dance Society - NUPUR is the dance society of the college that has dancers who perform Solo Dance (Indian &Western) and Group Dance (Folk & Western).
- Society for Creative Skills - Srijan Society nurtures the creative talent of Kalindi College and the students are a part of Ad- Mag Show, Dumb Charades, Tickle Your Funny Bone (Humorous Presentation), Just A Minute (Extempore Writing English), Katha Kahani (Creative Writing English), Of Muses and Bards (English Poetry Club), Sanskrit Tarangini and Kavya Srishti Poetry Recitation in Hindi.
- Fine Arts Club - The Kalakriti Society of the college promotes fine arts amongst the students and students participate in collage making, jewellery designing, face painting & tattoo making, poster making, rangoli and mehendi designing competition.
- Fashion Society - Fashion- IS- TA is the fashion society of Kalindi College that has students interested in the fashion industry and participate in various fashion shows.
- Fitness Club - The Fitness Club of the college promotes good health and encourages students to perform yoga and aerobics that helps them to keep their mind and body healthy.
- Encore - Photography and Film have budding photographers that captures captivating moments and students are also interested in filmmaking.
- NSS - The members of the National Service Scheme of Kalindi College works for the upliftment and betterment of the society and helps the underprivileged section of society through community service.
- NCC - National Cadet Corps of Kalindi College, New Delhi motivates the youth work to serve the nation selflessly and spread the spirit of patriotism amongst the young citizens of India. The young minds are motivated to join the armed forces making sure that serving the nation will be their very first priority and work selflessly for the nation.
Kalindi College, New Delhi Admissions
Kalindi College offers various courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. Admission to the undergraduate courses is based on marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination by calculating the marks of best four subjects. Admission to the PG courses is offered via two modes - merit basis and through entrance exam. Merit-based admission is given to candidates who have completed their UG programmes from the University of Delhi. Kalindi College admission process is given below in details:
Candidates desirous to take admission to the various UG courses of Kalindi College, New Delhi have to submit an online centralised application along with all the necessary documents for admissions on the website of the University of Delhi.
Delhi University will release a cut off list based on the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination for each college and its courses separately.
The highest marks secured in a total of four subjects (best four) will be calculated.
Aspirants have to meet the cut off the requirement of Kalindi College in order to be a part of the admission procedure.
Candidates meeting the cut off requirement have to report to the institution for admission and get their document verified and pay the fee.
Final admission will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
According to the admission process of DU, all the departments of Delhi University, except those offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, offer admission to PG courses via two channels - merit basis for 50% seats and entrance exam DUET for the remaining 50% seats.
Candidates who have completed their UG programmes from the University of Delhi are offered merit-based admission (on the basis of qualifying exam or graduation).
Through Entrance Exam
Candidates aspiring to take admission to the PG programmes offered by Kalindi College, New Delhi have to register on the common DU PG admissions portal.
After the submission of the application form, aspirants have to appear for DUET conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
Shortlisted candidates move to the final stage of the admission process and they have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee.
Admissions will be confirmed only after the documents are verified and the selected candidates have paid their fees.
Aspiring candidates have to register online and submit an online application for admissions on the common admission portal of the University of Delhi.
A cut off list will be released by the university based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination/graduation for each college.
Candidates have to meet the cut off the requirement of Kalindi College, New Delhi and aspirants meeting the cut off requirement have to report to the institution for admission for institute level document verification and fee payment.
Final selection will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
Kalindi College, New Delhi has adequate infrastructure and provide necessary facilities to its students. The hostel has a boarding capacity of approximately 250 students and provides all the essential facilities to them. The amphitheatre and the auditorium are used to organise various workshops, seminars, lectures, debates and cultural activities for the students. The laboratories have various equipment and instruments. The facilities of Kalindi College are listed below:
- Girls Hostel - Kalindi College has a hostel providing safe and secured accommodation for girls and the hostel provides all the essential facilities and it has a boarding capacity of approximately 250 students
- Amphitheatre - Unmukta Parisar - The foundation stone of the amphitheatre of the institute was laid down by Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo, then Chairman of the Governing Body and it is used to organise various functions and programmes.
- Auditorium - Kalindi College has an auditorium named Sangam Parisar that is used to organise various workshops, seminars, lectures, debates and cultural activities for the students.
- Library - The institute has a library that has a wide collection of books, magazines, journals, etc. and students can also access resources online.
- Laboratories - The college has various laboratories that have various equipment and instruments and are used during the practical sessions. The laboratories of the colleges are:
- Chemistry Lab
- B. Voc Lab
- Botany Lab
- Geography Lab
- Journalism Lab
- Computer Science Lab
- Music Lab
- Zoology Lab
- Physics Lab
- Medical Facilities - Kalindi College has a well- equipped medical room that provides medical facilities to the students and staff. The medical room has infrastructure and facilities like screen, stretcher cum bed, sphygmomanometer, wheelchair, steamer, fridge, display board, etc.
The college has a good vibe with its refreshing ambience.
Last Seen: 10 Aug' 20
Joined On: 10 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BA English Hons
This college is good in studies.
I am having amazing experience in my college
Last Seen: 10 Jul' 20
Joined On: 10 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Animation and Design
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BA English Hons
Last Seen: 26 May' 20
Joined On: 26 May' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 1993
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 04 Nov 2021 ; CGPA : 3.03