Eligibility criteria for gate, gre,toefl?
The eligibilty criteria for GATE is that you need to pursue your Bachelor's degree in a technical course (B.Tech., B.Arch.). The eligibilty criteria for GRE is that candidate needs to pursue Bachelor's degree in any course. The eligibilty criteria for TOEFL is that candidate needs to pass Senior School Certificate examination.
how much should we score in TOEFL exam to get a good college in abroad
Hello Shweta, scores between 85-90 in TOEFL are considered as pretty good for getting good colleges abroad. But keep in mind that, you can't be admitted only on the basis of TOEFL marks. If you are looking for a technical degree in the USA, you should take the SAT exam to prove your skills. TOEFL is just a language proficiency test.
Major colleges that consider IELTS score and TOEFL score for giving admissions. (Any country)
Some of these universities that can help you get admission without you requiring an IELTS or TOEFL score are below:
2) California State University
3) Drexel University
4) State University of New York
5) University of Iowa
6) University of Arkansas
7) University of Dayton
8) University of Delaware
9) University of New Orlean
11)University of Chicago
15)University of Cambridge
17)Florida Atlantic University
TOEFL and IELTS are quite important not only for admissions but to get a student visa. It also shows your language skills (which is quite important if you are planning to work/live in US).
I hope this would help you. For further queries please feel free to write me down in the comment box.
does toefl high score guarantees me a good college abroad?and is the college fee waived off if the person has high toefl score?
Scoring high in TOEFL might be just one of the reasons that may help you to get into a good college abroad, other factors are extremely important as well, for instance your overall GPA, your SOP, LORs, Extra Curricular Activities and Social Work; however good scores in TOEFL surely does increase you chances to get into a better college.
Some colleges do have this option where scoring well in TOEFL might lead to gaining some sort of Scholarship, however most colleges have TOEFL as the bare minimum and might not offer any fee concession.
I hope this was helpful!
Do graduation marks play a role in getting admission in any foreign university or its the GRE and toefl marks which are counted in?
Usually the selection criterion goes like this (in descending order):
Academic GPA/CGPA/%age as well as ranking in your batch
Research ex/Work ex
These other factors will vary from case to case:
Final Year Project
Internship and papers
Problems people might face:
Will try inga prepare for toefl wt i have do any give any idea and syllabus
Educational Testing Services(ETS) is a non profit US organisation that conducts TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) which can be taken by those for whom English is not the native language but they wish to pursue degrees in foreign universities. The TOEFL 2019 has two basic formats - TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test), and the revised TOEFL Paper- delivered Test. The no. of sections in TOEFL iBT is 4 - Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing and in TOEFL Paper - elivered test is 3 - Reading, Listening and Writing.
There is no such prescribed syllabus for TOEFL, the only way is through extensive practice from various sources including the sample papers by ETS. The test pattern is as follows -
- Reading : 36-56 questions
- Listening : 34-51 questions
- Speaking : 6 tasks
- Writing : 2 tasks
Follow the below link for more information:
My TOEFL account is locked?How to open my score?
Dear Abhinav, chances have been might that you have forgotten your password. Because only you have access to your Username, please Reset your Password using the "Forgot Password" available just below the "Login" Option. New Password will be sent to your Registered Email Address.
TOEFL exam registration date of filling the form and submit for july 2019
Simply follow the steps given below in order to fill up the form for TOEFL for July, 2019. Just remember that there are various dates in July being conducted over various test centers, just go through the list available on their webiste and decide which date-center comibination suits you best.
Step 1: Login to their website. The link has been provided here (http://www.ets.org/toefl)
Step 2: Scroll down to gind 'Register Now', in the corner right of the page.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a page where on the right there will be two options- a. Returning User b. New User. Click on the New User Button.
Step 4: Select your country of residence and then click on Create an Account.
Step 5: You will be redirected to another page where you need to fill in your personal details, address, communication preferences etc. After you have filled all the columns, click on next.
And you are good to go! To know more about the TOEFL Examination, keep reading Careers360 using the link given below:
Guide for Toefl exam preparation in 3 months
Follow these steps in order to effectively study for TOEFL:
- Start by getting to know the format of the test through either the official website of TOEFL or Madoosh. Magoosh is an excellent resource, it has multiple practice lesson videos and hundreds of practice questions.
- Find out why you are taking the test. For job, immigration, college or just self assessment. You will need to design your practice schedule accordingly. If it is for college you will have to try and get the best possible score.
- Have a score in mind so that you give the practice tests keeping that goal in mind. Once you check your practice test you will know what necessary improvements you need to make to your score in order to reach the goal you have set.
- Create ideal study place for taking the test. Ensure that the study place is quiet and comfortable. Make sure that you are able to pay attention in that space. Time your test sessions, take breaks if necessary beween different sections.
- Get a study guide in order to effective practice your abilities. For reading, underline and mark important points, take notes and check your answer with the answer key later. For listening take note so as you don't forget what the speakers are saying, get fmiliar with their accent. For writing, jot doen points and brain storm properly before you start writing. For speaking, answer the exact question which is being asked, keep it simple.
- Get help from a teacher or friend if necessary. Hire a tutor for effective results and evaluation.
- Read for thirty minutes everyday. Try reading non-technical english. Read story archives this has many stories from CNN for ESL learners, or read breaking news. Try summarizing and comprehending whatever you read. Reading will also help you improve your vacobulary.
- Practice listening to Englsh with your goal in mind. Try understanding and comprehending whatever you listen to into ideas, purpose, transitions, stresses and intonations. Listen to speeches given by people in order familiarize yourself with their accent.
- Practiced timed writing before the test. Give twenty-five minutes to each topic. During evaluation review your grammar and spelling errors, review sentence formation. Write in English everyday and take help from teachers or friends.
- Try speaking in English at all times. speak in English with others and ask them to correct at all time you make a mistake.
- Use active and passive learning strategies. First start studying with a goal in mind, this is active learning. Passive learning is when you learn through movies, speeches, books etc.
- Keep taking practice tests to test your progress. Keep a record of your progress and work for the goal you have set.
- Study for 2.5 to 3 hours regularly, everyday for the next three months in order to get a good score.
All the best!
I hope this helps!
Do revert back in case of any doubt.
Hi, I like to study mba in usa so please suggest best online Gmat , Toefl coaching class and please guide me
TRINITY GLOBAL EDUCATION is really a good for study if you are planning to study abroad. I would recommend you to join with trinity global education they gave me one on one classes online , it was an good experience study online.Teachers helped me through out my exam and where available anytime i had doubts. Which also helped me to score good in my GMAT ,They also help me for my TOEFLTraining.Till the end they helped me in application process and profile buildig.You can contact them for further course and more details.
Hope this would be helpful to you...