About PE Society's Modern College of Engineering, Pune
P.E. Society's Modern College of Engineering was established in the year 1999. P.E Society stands for Progressive Education Society. The Institute is popularly known as Modern College of Engineering (MCOE). MCOE is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), and Government of Maharashtra and is permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). The Institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in engineering. It also offers PhD programmes through its recognised research centres, which are mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and management. These programmes are affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Location: Pe Society's Modern College Of Engineering is located at 1186/A, Off J.M. Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra. The nearest railway station to the campus is Pune Junction, which is 7 km from the campus and nearest bus station is about 1 km from the campus. Pune International Airport is about 11 km from the campus.
Accreditation: Pe Society's Modern College Of Engineering, Pune is accredited by NAAC.
Clubs and Committees:
- The Debate Club: This club encourages debate culture and keeps the students in touch with literature. This creates a space where people can participate and improve in writing, speaking, and event organisation.
- The Media Club: The aim of this club is to centralise all the media-related activities. The club coordinate for all the media-related activities.
- The Robotics Club: The aim of the club is to pervade the knowledge of robotics among the students. The robotics club regularly conducts various workshops and courses throughout the year.
- The Music Club: Music club is a place for students to get together and play music.
- Enigma, The CSE Club: The club makes people industry-ready with diverse forks like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Full Stack and Competitive Coding and a focus towards open source projects and software development.
- Aero Club: This club is for aeromodelling. The interested persons in aero join this club to learn, design and build the skills in aero.
- Foss club: The club of MCOE increases the use of open-source software and implement software using the public license.
- Brainstormers Club: The club trains the students for the aptitude test. This improves the aptitude skills of the students for placement in different companies and various competitive exams.
- Foxcodes Campus Club: This club works on digital literacy, effective use of web and internet access.
- GraphiX Club: This club of MCOE introduces students to the world of computer graphics. The activities of this club open doors to the field of multimedia & amp and game development.
- The club encourages students to develop their programming skills through complex coding.
- Metamorph Club: This club works on networking skills of the students. It enhances the employability factor of the students and provides them with inputs related to developing their competencies.
- Cypher club: The club spreads knowledge and awareness about cybersecurity concepts, ethics and regulation. The club also works on robust cryptographic techniques and increases the professional skills of security policies such as authentication, integrity and confidentiality.
- Code-Cooks club: This club of MCOE develops the knowledge and skills required for programming. It creates a platform for entrepreneur activities through coding programmes and
- inculcate experiential learning through the activities of the club.
- APP CLUB: The club strives to spread the essence of software development. It offers skills in the development of applications and websites by performing coding, assuring reliability and effective testing.
- Astronomy club: This club MCOE creates interest in astronomy and in general Physics. It develops an understanding of the engineering aspects of current astronomical techniques.
- It gives students the opportunity to learn new techniques from different astronomical
- Rotaract club: This club provides opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
- Club Dayitwa: The club shows respect and gratitude towards army officers and police staff and creates a sense of national pride and responsibility amongst students.
- Alumni Association: MCOC has a good networking for the alumni association. Alumni Association was formed to bring together alumni and well-wishers, to create a force that binds alumni, well-wishers, faculty and students together that provides support to the fulfilment of the institute's mission.
- Grievance Redressal Cell: MCOC has the grievance redressal cell attempts to address genuine problems and complaints of students. Students are encouraged to use the suggestion boxes placed on different sections of the campus to express constructive suggestions and grievances.
- Anti Ragging Committee: Anti-Ragging Committee of MCOC campus ensures compliance with the provisions of the regulations as well as the provisions of the law concerning ragging is in force. It also monitors and oversees the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution. The committee makes sure there is no ragging happening on the campus.
- ISTE Student Chapter: MCOC has the chapter of The Indian Society for Technical Education, which is a national, professional, non-profit making Society. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute to the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations.
- IEEE: MCOC has IEEE branch, which is approved by IEEE Headquarters, New- York.
- Computer Society of India: The purpose of the Society is scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science and IT. The organisation has grown to an enviable size of strong members consisting of professionals with varied backgrounds including software developers, scientists, academicians, project managers, CIO's , CTO's & IT vendors.
- Training and Placement Cell: This cell of MCOC campus endeavours to provide the platform to the Graduates and Postgraduates by professionally working and reaching to the best companies for them. The cell has a tie-up with various organisations including the start-ups and multinational companies etc. which in turn help the graduates to discover and grab the various opportunities and to be a part of the industrial world.
- Technical Fest M-plus: This is the technical festival of MCOC campus.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
P.E. Society's Modern College of Engineering, Pune, which is also known as Modern College of Engineering (MCOE) offers undergraduate programmes in mechanical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering and information technology engineering. The college also offers postgraduate programmes in mechanical engineering (heat power), electrical engineering (control system), electronics and telecommunication engineering (signal processing) and computer engineering (computer engineering). Modern College of Engineering also offers postgraduate programmes in management and computer application. The institute offers PhD programmes through its recognised research centres, which are mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and management. These programmes are affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
MCOE admission process for B.E and B.Tech:
Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State have to appear for MHT-CET.
Candidates belonging to Other than Maharashtra state (OMS) required to appear for the entrance test- ( MHT-CET) or JEE Main.
The admission for first-year engineering degree courses is done through the counselling conducted the Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
To become eligible for CAP the candidates need to register their application online. They can visit the website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra and fill-up the form, which includes choice filling for colleges and courses.
Candidates will be shortlisted for CAP rounds based on their score in the entrance exam and preferences given by them for courses and colleges.
Shortlisted candidates have to report to the Application Form Receipt Centre (ARC) for document verification.
Finally, candidates have to report to the allotted institute & confirm their admission by fulfilling the necessary procedures, which include fee payment and document verification.
MCOE admission process for M.E and M.Tech:
The admission for postgraduate engineering degree courses is done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
To become eligible for CAP the candidates need to register their application online. They can visit the website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra and fill-up the form.
Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State and Other than Maharashtra State (OMS) have to appear for GATE.
Candidates who have appeared GATE and have marks above qualifying marks are only eligible for admission through CAP.
Shortlisted candidates have to report to the Application Form Receipt Centre (ARC) for document verification.
The candidates who have got allotment must report to the allotted institute & confirm their admission by fulfilling necessary procedures.
- To get an admission to MBA, candidates must have obtained a score in one of the following examinations:
- CET conducted by the Competent Authority.
- Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institute of Management (CAT).
- Management Aptitude Test Conducted by All India Management Association (MAT).
- Entrance Test for Management Admissions conducted by The Association of Indian Management Schools, (ATMA).
- Candidates get shortlisted based on the score in the entrance examination.
- Finally, they have to visit the college and complete the admission process.
- MCA aspirants of the Modern College of Engineering have to appear for the MAH MCA CET which is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra for the admissions to MCA programmes offered by state colleges.
- Candidates will be invited for the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) rounds based on their entrance score in the MAH MCA CET.
- During the CAP rounds, candidates have to confirm their choice for P.E. Society's Modern College of Engineering, Pune.
- The counselling committee allocates the seat to the candidates as per their choices, preference and the availability of seats at the concerned institute or college.
- Candidates confirmed with the MCOE seat allotment, have to visit the college and complete the remaining admission process, which include documents verifications and fee payment.
The admission process for Ph. D. Admission:
The candidates need to appear for a PhD Entrance Test and Interview/Viva-Voce conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The admissions shall be processed through the (Department Research Committee/Central Research Committee).
The candidates who have qualified in the entrance test will be called for interview/viva-voce. The document verification of respective candidates shall also be carried out at the time of interview/viva-voce.
The general merit list for the M.Phil./Ph.D. the programme shall be prepared by the University, on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance test and the interview/viva-voce.
Candidates who are qualified UGC NET/SET/JRF will be exempted from PhD. Entrance Test.
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Exams and Cutoffs
It's the best choice for engineering from Pune
Last Seen: 19 Aug' 20
Joined On: 19 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- B.Tech Information Technology
The academics and placements are good.
Academics oriented college in main city with small campus
Last Seen: 07 May' 20
Joined On: 07 Apr' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
A good place to learn
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Tech Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
A place where academics and sports can go together!
Pe Society's Modern College Of Engineering provides various facilities to its students. This includes a library, health and fitness and hostel. The college also has the facility of sports and gym. These facilities are established, keeping in mind the physical exercise and sports need of the students for developing them into successful personalities.
- Library: The library of the MCOE has the latest volumes, in the fields of engineering and general areas. It has the membership for e-resources and has a subscription to national and international peer-reviewed e-journals.
- Medical Facilities: The MCOE campus has a medical facility. Medical doctors and other necessary first aid and emergency medicines are available for the staff and students. A well qualified medical practitioner is available during the college hours, and the students can avail the medical facilities free of cost.
- Hostel: The MCOE has facilities for boys and girls. The hostel is well equipped with gym and recreational activities. The entire campus is wi-fi enabled. The hostel has the facilities of indoor and outdoor games. The hostel also provides separate study rooms on each floor. It has a mess hall that is operational 24/ 7 and provides delicious food to students.
- Sports: The college has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available in the hostel. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court. Tournaments in these sports are organised in the institute at the university level. The institute organises annual sports every year in which students of all disciplines take part. The college has the facility of the gymnasium and encourages students to take part in it.
- Canteen: The MCOE has a well-maintained cafeteria situated within the institute campus premises. Hygienic tasty snacks and food items are available during institute timings at reasonable rates.
- Laboratory: MCOE has a well-equipped laboratory. It is providing extensive and contemporary facilities for teaching and research.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 21 Feb 2022 and the score is 3.1 .
Questions related to PE Society's Modern College of Engineering, Pune
What is the fees for EnTC branch in modern college pune ? also hostel fees for girls and how is the hostel for girl ?
The fees structure of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is around INR 3,12,728 for 4 Years of course. The Hostel, Mess, etc fees are excluded. To get a better idea of hostel fees structure and the hostel environment I suggest you to contact the admission cell they will definitely help you with the queries you have. For further information ask the admission cell to provide the warden or the head staff of hostel phone number to know more about the hostel. You can easily get the details about what they are providing to the hostel and what are the facilities they have.
P.E.S. Modern College of Engineering,
- 1186/A, Off J.M. Road, Shivajinagar,
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Pin- 411005.
- Telephone (020) 25533638, 25533648.
- Fax 020) 25530957
- EMail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope that helps
all the best
Which is better college modern college of engineering or dr. D y patil akurdi for it branch
D.Y. Patil College Of Engineering Akurdi - DYPCOE, is a better choice as compared to modern college of engineering.
Due to following reasons DYPCOE has a greater edge than modern college of engineering.
Placement :The placements in the college are good, and it generally starts from the 3rd year of the academics. Many companies came to the college, and the average salary is not much high, it is about 20-30thosands per month. The campus selection rate is about 80%. CS and E&TC students get the highest placements in the college. Last year various companies such as Godrej, Byjus, Indian Army, Uno Minda, KSPG Automotive, Deepak Fertilisers, and TCS, etc., visited the campus for placements. A placement cell is available, especially for the campus selection.You are offered with vacation internship in dream companies or wherever you want.
Fuculty: faculty members are experienced and mainly are phd holders. They are sophisticated and always there for students.
They provide interactive sessions to students for better understanding.
So, choice is yours.
Hope this helped
I wanted to join college through jee,is it compulsory to participate in mhtcet.
Hello it is not compulsory to write MHT CET if you want to join college based on your jee result. Some of the college in Maharashtra accept jee scores also like, Symbiosis , ICT , MIT Pune etc. But some college don't accept JEE score such as VJTI. But I would recommend you to write MHT CET as well. VNIT is one good college that accepts JEE. I hope this answer helps you. All the best.
Fees for Computer Engineering is what
Many college offer it at a cost of nearly 1-3 lakhs annually and some of the institutions offer these at a low cost under 1 lakh per annum.
Mhcet score closing after first round for computer science
Score of 77 in cet. Want a mission for B Tech computer science. Suggest colleges
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 21 Feb 2022 ; CGPA : 3.1