Pune Institute of Business Management (PIBM), Pune was established in the year 2007. The campus spreads across 2.5 acres of land. The Institute is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). PIBM offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Pune Institute of Business Management is located at Gut No. 605/1 Lavasa Road, Tal - Mulshi, Paud Road, Pirangut, Pune, Maharashtra. Khadki Railway Station is 22 km away and Pune International Airport is 30 km away from the Institute. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach PIBM.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
PIBM is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Little Angel's College of Management (LACM)
- Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu
- Prime College
- Lincoln University College, Malaysia
- Michigan Technological University
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Sports Club: This Club encourages students to participate in different sports and tournaments organised across various business schools.
- Dance Club: This is an official Dance Club of the Institute for dance lovers. It organises activities to encourage people for dancing.
- Music Club: This is a music Club of the institute that encourages music lovers and provides a platform for the students to showcase their musical talent.
- IT Committee: This is the IT consulting club that promotes the importance and uses of IT in the field of management.
- Finance Committee: This is a finance club at PIBM that aims to keep current developments in the field of finance and focuses on research areas such as financial markets, instruments, regulations, etc.
- Marketing Committee: This is a marketing club of PIBM that aims to facilitate the development of the students in the field of marketing.
- HR Committee: This is the HR committee that handles the HR issues and provides a platform where students can interact and initiate conversations with HR experts to explore and challenge the current practices in the dynamic field of Human Resource Management.
- NGO Committee: This is the Social Club of the institute that was started with the aim to work with NGOs on social development projects and spread awareness about various social causes.
- Entrepreneurship Committee: This Committee encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and provides opportunities to work on short term projects with corporates.
Exams and Cutoffs
Pune Institute of Business Management, Pune Admission Process:
Pune Institute of Business Management, Pune offers admission to the postgraduate courses. Admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in a CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/PMAT examinations. The detailed admission process is given below:
Admission Process for PGDM and MBA:
- Candidates have to register and apply online for admission to the Institute.
- The candidates should qualify CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA exams.
- Candidates having the average score in CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA exams will have to appear for PIBM's Online Aptitude exam (PMAT) conducted by the Institute.
- Shortlisted candidates will be given a case study followed by a group discussion on a given topic.
- Further for a final selection, candidates have to appear for a personal interview.
- Candidates who qualify an interview round will be offered admission to the Institute.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having work experience.
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
Pune Institute of Business Management provides varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty like hostels for girls and boys, library, gym, sports, and canteen, etc. Other facilities like banking, Wi-Fi, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The Library of the Institute has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Hostel: Pune Institute of Business Management has separate hostels for both boys and girls. A laundry facility is provided to the hostel students.
- Gym: Gym is available with the necessary machines that can be used by the students and faculty so that they can maintain their physical health.
- Sports: The institute provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
- Canteen: PIBM has a canteen available at the college premises that serves food to the students and faculty at reasonable rates.
Average college with good returns
Last Seen: 05 Apr' 20
Joined On: 29 Sep' 17
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
One of the best college in Pune
Good college to kick start your career!
Questions related to Pune Institute of Business Management, Pune
Got 80 percentile in mat. I live in delhi , should I go for FIIB delhi or should look colleges in Pune like pibm & iims pune?
As per your MAT Score, you can also opt for IILM Lodhi Road campus , as it is the oldest campus situated in the heart of Delhi with an huge Alumni base of 1200+ with most of them at senior positions. The faculty student ratio is the best here , a lot of one-on- one mentoring is provided to develop student personalities , CVs and also prepare them for the selection processes . We have some of the good companies on campus for SIP & placements like HDFC , Loreal , Khimji Ramdas , Modelez , deloitte etc.
Which is good option for doing MBA/PGDM Pibm Pune or Indira institute of Management Pune ?
Both the colleges are good in the field of Management but Indira Institute of Management, Pune has better rankings and ratings. The professors are extremely talented and very supportive. The college provides a pool of facilities like gym, sports, free wifi etc. The job opportunities are more there. Tentative placement percentage is around 87%. Reputed companies like Amazon, ITC, Deloitte, TCS, Asian paints, Schlumberger, MRF Tyres etc come for recruiting students. Last year the highest package offered was 7.3 LPA by Federal Bank.
Which college is better for pgdm its ghaziabad or pibm pune
Hello Deepika !
Both colleges are good , ITS - Institute of Technology and Science is Ranked 58 for MBA by Times 2020 , in PGDM programs it has International collaboration with Catholic University of Lyon, France and MDC, Subsidiary of MDI, Singapore for student and academic exchange programme.
Also , in every field specialization is offered like in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, International Business, and Information Technology.
The placement package of previous year is average around 5.3 lack and maximum is 9.5 lacks , as per college data.
Pune Institute of Business Management is also a good institute. In PGDM , courses such as SAP ERP Suite Certification, Six Sigma (Green Belt) Certification, Microsoft Project Certification, Advanced Excel Training & Certification, Business Communication Training are offered . They also conduct live Business Projects, Winter Internship & Summer Internship.
Placement of last year of this college are , highest is around 17 lack and average is around 7 lack.
I will suggest you to go through these college prospects more , and then choose one which suits you best with fees , academics and faculties and also placement records.
Hope it helps !
how is pibm Pune for mba in finance?..
PIBM Pune is a decent college.It has qualified faculty and decent placement as verified by students and professional.
It has NAAC B++ accreditation
The packages available at the college are as follows
Highest is 18 L
For more details regarding the college you can refer
which college is good for MBA pibm Pune or its ghaziabad
PIBM, Pune campus was ranked 4th in PUNE by NIRF in 2019 and 76th in India. The average salary was 7 lakhs per annum and highest was 17 Lakhs per annum. Whereas at ITS Ghaziabad the average package was 6 lakhs per annum and the highest was 10 lakhs. ITS is one of the best in UP for MBA/PGDM
PIBM, Pune would be a better choice provided the exposure Pune provides to its students in terms of Internships, placements and the course cirriculum.
You can visit the following link for more information - https://www.careers360.com/colleges/pune-institute-of-business-management-pune https://www.careers360.com/colleges/its-institute-of-technology-and-science-mohan-nagar-ghaziabad Hope it helps,
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: