About Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
Rajalakshmi Engineering College (REC), Chennai was established in the year 1997 with the support of Rajalakshmi Educational Trust. REC is approved and recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The College offers undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA) courses in different fields. REC is affiliated to Anna University.
REC is located at Rajalakshmi Nagar, Thandalam, Tamil Nadu. Veppampattu Railway Station is 20.6 km away and Vellakalvai Meetu Cherry Bus Station is 19.3 km away from the College. Chennai International Airport is 34.7 km away from the Institute. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach Rajalakshmi Engineering College.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- REC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- REC is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Gedik University, Turkey
- Universidade Paulista-UNIP, Brasil
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Edinboro University
- Universidade Federal De Juiz De Fora (Brazil)
- Universidade De Vigo (Spain)
- Universidade Da Coruna
- Altinbas University
- Michigan State University
- AEC Business School for Singapore Polytechnic
- Moscow, Aviation Institute (Mai)
- Sunderland University, U.k
- Bahir-dar University, Ethiopia
- University of Wolverhampton, U.k.
- University of Regina, Canada
- Super Auto Forge, Chennai
- Flsmidth Private Limited, Chennai
- Firestream Worldwide Inc, Chennai
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Super Auto Forge – Machine Vision Systems for Quality Control
- Valeo India Pvt. Ltd. – Development of Ultra Low Cost HVAC System
- Aban Biotech Ltd. – Bio-product development from micro-organisms
- Intelligent Chip Connections Ltd, Singapore – Development of Microfluidic Devices
- Ilgin Automotives – Fly-Wheel Hot-Press Assembly validation
- Tata Consultancy Services – High Performance Computing Facilities for R & D
- Rameshwar Engineering – Sensors for Industrial Applications
- CGN Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. – Medical Thermography
- Addison & Company Ltd. – Drill Bits Inspection
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This Cell encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and provides opportunities to work on short term projects with corporates.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It creates social awareness among the students and helps them in personality development through community service.
Courses & Fees
Rajalakshmi Engineering College offers various B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA programme. Admission to various courses offered by REC, Chennai are done on the basis of entrance examination after which the candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Admission to B.Tech courses will be done through TNEA counselling on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination. Admission to M.Tech programme will be done on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in GATE or TANCET. Candidates who want to seek admission in MBA programme have to appear for TANCET and afterwards appear in the counselling process.
For BE/B.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of TNEA for counselling and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for the TNEA counselling which is the last stage of the admission process.
- Selection of the candidates will be merit-based as per the marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination and choices made by them during the counselling process.
For ME/M.Tech Programmes:-
- Candidates have to appear for the TANCET or GATE and secure a valid score.
- Eligible candidates have to apply online on the official website of Anna University and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Registered candidates have to appear for TANCET counselling.
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of TANCET and choice made by the candidates for preferred college.
For MBA Programme:-
- Candidates have to appear for the TANCET and secure a valid score.
- Eligible candidates have to register online for counselling on the official website of Anna University and submit the application form along with the required documents and appear for the counselling.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Last Seen: 25 Jul' 20
Joined On: 23 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- BE Automobile Engineering
good engineering college
wonderful college life...good career
Good college for good career
Good college in chennai
Rajalakshmi Engineering College has various facilities and infrastructure for the students and faculty. The infrastructure and facilities include a library, canteen, hostel, transport, and health care. Given below are the brief details of the facilities provided by REC-
- Library- Various books, newspapers, magazines, periodicals, reference books, national and international journals in all branches of engineering, science, technology, management and general studies are provided to the students.
- Canteen- The canteen of REC is hygienic and it provides healthy food for the students and faculty. A separate mess for boys is also provided on the campus.
- Hostel- Rajalakshmi Engineering College has separate hostels for both boys and girls that are facilitated with all the necessities so that the students have a good time during their stay.
- Transport- A transport department has been dedicated to the transport facility that is provided to the students and faculty of REC.
- Health Care Centre- A separate inpatient facility is provided for the students. The health centre provides quality health care in a comfortable environment.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 31 Dec 2022 and the score is 3.14 .
Questions related to Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
review about EEE in rajalakshmi and rmk engineering college.
Hello Aspirant ,
Almost both are good colleges but according to EEE Placement stats and data Rajalakshmi Engineering College is quite better compared to RMK Engineering College . Because , 81% placed in placements in Rajalakshmi Engineering college whereas coming to RMK Engineering college 53% placed
Let know some details about colleges
Rajalakshmi Engineering College
It is a private college located in Chennai courses offered is btech , Mtech and MBA 106th NIRF Ranking in engineering category average package offered is 3.75 lakhs and 41 students rated 4.1/5 .
For more information visit this link
RMK Engineering College
It is a private college and affiliated to university courses offered is Btech , mtech e.t.c. 155th NIRF rank in engineering category Average package offered is 4 lakhs good facilities and 79 students rated 4.0/5 .
Visit this link for more information
I think this answer will help you lot .
All the best !!!!
my Cutoff-172.5 BC community Rank -13834. Community rank-8045 please tell will I surly get rajalakshmi engineering college for ECE course
Hello,the closing rank for 2019 B.E ECE is 20570 and for BC category is 9488.Also this year the cut off is expected to go still down due to the new syllabus.Your chances of getting admission in Rajalakshmi college is pretty High.Best wishes.
Hi, my cutoff 172.5 BC community and my general rank -13834/community rank -8045.For ECE course please give choice list for TNEA counseling colleges near by chennai which is in top position.
Hi Aspirant ,
You have scored good marks . There are many top colleges available with and without the course you prefer . I'll list some of he colleges you might have chance to get into :
- CHENNAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- ST JOSEPH'S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- RAJALAKSHMI ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- SRI SAI RAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- PANIMALAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- EASWARI ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- VELLAMAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- JEPPAIR ENGINEERING COLLLGE
- SAVEETHA ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Please follow this link for other information regarding the colleges mentioned above and also few other colleges : https://engineering.careers360.com/college-predictors/tnea-college-predictor/results?exam_id=3898&counselling_id=2473&rank=13834&rank_entered=13834&miscellaneous_id=1&caste_id=3&sub_caste_id=23&minority_religion_id=5&branch=106&gc=Good&c_state=24&c_city=31&page=1
You can also check your own colleges using this predictor link : https://engineering.careers360.com/tnea-college-predictor?ici=cp-listing_engineering&icn=TNEA-College-Predictor
BEST OF LUCK .
Sir, my cutoff 172.5 BC General rank -13834,community rank -3045,Will I get rajalakshmi or rmk engineering college for ECE
TNEA ranks keeps changing every year , which depends on the number of applicants & overall cut off range.The ranks are of two types :-
- General rank
- Community rank
Only General rank will be considered for TNEA Counseling.
it's highly impossible to tell you the precise possibilities of your admission.But here are the closing cutoffs of ECE for the year 2019 in the colleges of your preference ubder BC category:-
R ajalakshmi Engineering College - ECE closing cutoff rank in 2019 for BC is 20570.
RMK Engineering college - ECE closing cutoff rank in 2019 for BC is 13504.
Based on previous year's data , you have very good number of chances to get an admission for ECE in Rajalakshmi engineering college. But,there are slight possibilities for you to get an ECE seat in RMK engineereing college.
Check the following links to know the cutoff trends of other courses in the colleges of your prefernce:-
- Rajalakshmi engineering college https://www.careers360.com/colleges/rajalakshmi-engineering-college-chennai/cut-off?college_id=3426&exam_sub_exam_id=3898&gender_id=1&counselling_id=2473&caste_id=2
- RMK engineering college https://www.careers360.com/colleges/rmk-engineering-college-thiruvallur/amp
To find your chances of admission in other engineering colleges based on your TNEA rank, check the TNEA college predictor tool link below:- https://engineering.careers360.com/tnea-college-predictor
after Computer science engineering (CSE) can I write upsc civil services exam ?
Yes,you can apply for UPSC civil services exam after completing the computer science engineering degree. Infact from the past few years most of the engineering student are getting qualified the upsc civil services exam.
The basic educational eligibility to apply for the upsc civil services exam is a candidate should pass a graduation degree from a recognized institution.
Hope it helps.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2022 ; CGPA : 3.14