- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Masters in Public Policy (MPP) is two years postgraduate program offered by the University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
Public Policy, an integral aspect of governance, touches all aspects of life. This makes it necessary for the academic world to engage with public policy to understand it, critically analyze it and thus ensure efficient governance and just society. Currently, in India, there is an acute dearth of post-graduate degree courses in public policy. It is in view of this lacuna that St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, an autonomous college affiliated to the University of Mumbai launched the Master in Public Policy (MPP) Course in 2013. This two-year course is completely multi-disciplinary covering subjects like sociology, politics, economics, law, history, philosophy and ethics and even the natural sciences. This course is ideal for:
- Civil Servants, NGO / Development practitioners or those who aspire to join government services / NGOs.
- Those who aspire to do research and publish in the field of Public Policy, especially those who wish to join policy research centers/organizations.
- Those who wish to work in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility; Communications / Media related work around policy issues.
- Evenings (5 pm to 8 pm); 2 lectures per day, on all working days of the week.
Stage 1: Online Application and Registration
Apart from filling the online application form, the students need to upload their Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose (SoP). The CV must be in the word format. The CV should describe the academic and extra-curricular credentials of the applicant, including paper presentations, work experience and publications if any. The CV must also mention the names, organizational affiliation, position, and contact details of two persons familiar with the academic and work achievements of the applicant. The referees may be contacted by the college for further information. The SoP needs to answer the following question: why do you want to join the Masters in Public Policy? Word limit: 1000 words.
Stage 2: Online Exam:
The registration process will provide every candidate with a login key that can be used for the online exam. The online exam will have two questions with a duration of one hour:
- Case Study: the candidate needs to answer a few questions based on a policy-oriented case study. This question will have an internal choice, as there will be case studies from various disciplines.
- Essay: the candidate needs to write an essay on a topic selected from a set of given topics from various disciplines.
Students with a Bachelor’s Degree in any faculty or discipline, with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for this course.