WHAT IS PETROLEUM ENGINEERING ?
Petroleum Engineering is a branch of science which deals with the study of extraction of crude oil and natural gas present on the deposits found below the surface of Earth. Students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Petroleum Engineering study about the designing aspect of oil and gas reservoirs used for storage and transportation. The course also makes them aware of the procedure required in drilling the surface of the earth for refining petroleum products.Expand
- For UG: Minimum aggregate marks as 60% in Class XII with subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For PG: B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering.
SCOPE OF PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- The scope of different industries investing in the petroleum sector and collaboration with foreign investors has increased the recruitment drives for petroleum engineers.
- The expansion of oil refineries on partnerships of government agencies with private organisations.
- Acoustics and Noise control
- Advanced Marine Structures
- Calculus 1- Functions of one variable
- Computational Engineering/ Thermodynamics
- Drilling Vessels and support crafts
- FEM Applied to Ocean Engineering
- Flow Induced Vehicle
- Ocean Energy
- Ocean Mining and Dredging
- Physical Modelling and Instrumentation
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 931 Joined
- 125 Questions
My son is studying in class 12 at Kota, Rajsthan. Can he eligible for Petroleum Engineering. If yes, what is the selection criteria.
Exam application form ki last date and first date and Gujarat me kaha pe center hoge and Gujarati language me hoga kya exam paper ????
Career in petroleum engineering
Chandigarh University, Chandigarh Chandigarh University, Chandigarh Placements Petroleum EngineeringView all tags
I want know about petroleum engeneering in cu and placements