|GATE||27 Mar, 2021 - 30 Jun, 2021||(Target 2021) - Score Card - free of cost | Mode: Online|
|04 Feb, 2022 - 05 Feb, 2022 (Tentative)||(Target 2022) - Exam | Mode: Online|
|11 Feb, 2022 - 12 Feb, 2022 (Tentative)||(Target 2022) - Exam | Mode: Online|
|19 Mar, 2021||(Target 2021) - Result | Mode: Online|
|17 Mar, 2021||(Target 2021) - Answer Key - final answer key | Mode: Online|
|01 Mar, 2021 - 04 Mar, 2021||(Target 2021) - Answer Key - objections | Mode: Online|
|26 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Answer Key | Mode: Online|
|14 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Afternoon - ME-2, MT | Mode: Online|
|14 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Forenoon - ME-1, XH | Mode: Online|
|13 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Afternoon - CS-2, XE, XL | Mode: Online|
|13 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Forenoon - CS-1, MA, BT, CH, TF | Mode: Online|
|07 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Afternoon - EC, PE, ES, ST, PI | Mode: Online|
|07 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Forenoon - EE, GG, AG, EY | Mode: Online|
|06 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Forenoon - CE-1, IN, CY | Mode: Online|
|06 Feb, 2021||(Target 2021) - Exam - Afternoon - CE-2, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN | Mode: Online|
|08 Jan, 2021||(Target 2021) - Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|14 Dec, 2020 - 15 Dec, 2020||(Target 2021) - Choice of Exam City - last chance to change | Mode: Online|
|25 Nov, 2020||(Target 2021) - Others - Mock Test - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|17 Nov, 2020 - 23 Nov, 2020||(Target 2021) - Application Correction - reopened | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 13 Nov, 2020||(Target 2021) - Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|08 Oct, 2020 - 14 Oct, 2020||(Target 2021) - Late Fee Application | Mode: Online|
|11 Sep, 2020 - 08 Oct, 2020||(Target 2021) - Application | Mode: Online|
|26 Jul, 2020||(Target 2021) - Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Biological Engineering is two years (4 Semester) full-time postgraduate engineering program offered by The Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation].
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate's level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
- The candidates called for the Test and Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on the scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.