- An introduction to Bioreactor design and analysis
Bioreactor Design and Analysis
Join Swayam’s Bioreactor Design and Analysis online course and get a comprehensive idea about biological engineering or bioprocess engineering.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
IIT Madras has curated the Bioreactor Design and Analysis online program. It is a core program intended for both undergraduate and postgraduate-level students. The course falls under the category of Bioprocesses and Biological sciences, and bioengineering. It is an FDP course, which has been approved by AICTE and has plenty of industry support from biotechnology-based and fermentation industries.
Taught by eminent faculty of IIT Madras, Professor Smita Srivastava, the Bioreactor Design and Analysis training has been designed to help interested students understand the topics under bioprocess or biological engineering. Students will be introduced to different bioreactor designs, topics like scale-up of bioprocesses and non-ideality in bioreactors. Discussions will also be held on the heat transfer and mass requirements for a given fermentation system.
The Bioreactor Design and Analysis course by Swayam extends for eight weeks and is rife with video tutorials and study materials. Swayam also provides enough reference material for the candidates to consult during the course. Graded tests and assignments are also available for self-assessment. There will also be an end-term certification exam.
- Free admission
- Study material and references
- AICTE approved FDP course
- 100 % online
- End-term proctored examination
- Shareable e-certificate
- Industry support from SMEs/companies
- Curated by IIT Madras
- 8-week program
- UG/PG level course
- Core course
- Curated by iit madras
- Top instructors
- Undergraduate/postgraduate level course
- Graded tests and assignments
- Online mode of learning
- 8-weeks course
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Candidates will be able to enroll in the Bioreactor Design and Analysis online program and access all the study material completely free of cost.
- If they want the e-certificate, they must pay Rs 1000 as the certification fee.
Bioreactor Design and Analysis fee structure
Bioreactor Design and Analysis (Audit mode)
Bioreactor Design and Analysis (Certificate)
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Bioreactor Design and Analysis program by Swayam is designed for students (undergraduates and postgraduates) who have a background in either of the following subjects:
- Chemical engineering course
- Bioprocess engineering
- Biochemical engineering
Candidates must have a basic understanding of mathematics to participate in the Bioreactor Design and Analysis training program. They must also have pursued courses like Biological rate processes, Material, and energy balances, or Enzyme science and engineering before joining this program.
Besides, candidates must appear for the end-term examination and score at least 30 out of 75 marks (75%) to be eligible for the Bioreactor Design and Analysis certificate. They must also score at least 10/25 in the assignments, which will be calculated as 25% of the average of the six best-scored assignments.
What you will learn
Candidates who complete the Bioreactor Design and Analysis certification course will become proficient in the following:
- The design of bioreactors – Batch bioreactors, fed-batch bioreactors, continuous mode of bioreactors
- The rheology of fermentation of broths
- The various heterogeneous reactions in bioprocesses
- The heat transfer in bioreactors and related concepts
- Scale-up of bioreactors and the design and analysis of non-ideal reactors
- To enroll in the Bioreactor Design and Analysis program by Swayam, first, visit the course's official webpage - https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/noc21_bt13/preview
- Click on the “Sign-in/Register” option.
- You will be redirected to a login/register webpage.
- If you already have an account on Swayam, you can enrol by just entering your details. But If you don’t have a pre-existing account, create a new account on Swayam by providing the required information.
- Select the “Send verification code” tab to receive a verification code on your registered email ID.
- Use the verification code to activate your ID and complete the enrolment process.
Filling the form
No application form needs to be filled for the Bioreactor Design and Analysis certification course. Candidates only need to create an account on Swayam and enrol. They need to enter some basic details like the username, password, email ID to verify their account. Candidates may also proceed with the course using their Google account, Microsoft ID, or Facebook account.
- The design of batch bioreactors
- Design of fed-batch bioreactors
- The design of continuous mode of bioreactors
- Mass transfer in bioreactors
- Heterogeneous reactions in bioprocesses (Part 1)
- Rheology of fermentation broths
- Heterogeneous reactions in bioprocesses (Part 2)
- Heat transfer in bioreactors (Part 1)
- Heat transfer in bioreactors (Part 2)
- Scale-up for bioreactors (Part 1)
- The scale-up parameters
- The criteria for scale-up
- Scale-up of bioreactors (Part 2)
- The design and analysis of non-ideal reactors
The end-term phase of the exam will be conducted in offline mode in the presence of a proctor. Details about the examination date, test center, terms, and timing will be available in the exam registration form. Swayam will notify the candidates once the exam registration commences.
How it helps
The Bioreactor Design and Analysis online course has been curated carefully to train candidates about how bioreactors are designed and their applications. Any undergraduate or postgraduate student with basic knowledge of mathematics will be able to pursue this course comfortably.
The e-certificate candidates receive after course completion will aid in improving their job opportunities. Students can also upload the certificate on their LinkedIn profile and resume/CV.
Yes. Both undergraduates and postgraduates can take this course.
The Bioreactor Design and Analysis online training extends for up to 8 weeks.
You must submit 8 assignments throughout the duration of the Bioreactor Design and Analysis training.
Yes. The Bioreactor Design and Analysis course by Swayam gets industry support from all biotechnology-based or fermentation industries. It is also recognized by SMEs and companies that deal with the production of compounds using microbial, or animal, or plant cell fermentation.
No. Swayam only issues a soft copy of the course certificate.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.