- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering doctorate program offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar.
This course duration varies from 3 to 6 years, the student has to finish between this timeline to obtain the Ph.D. degree.
Broad Area of Research: Experimental, Analytical and Computational Research in the areas of:
- Solid Mechanics - (Computational Mechanics, Constitutive Modeling, Continuum Damage Mechanics)
- Biomechanics - (Rehabilitation Robotics, Bone Mechanics)
- Fluid Mechanics - (Low Reynolds Number Hydrodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Energy Systems
- Combustion & Energetic Materials
- Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials (including Nanocomposites)
- Dynamics & Controls - (Dynamics and Control of Mechanical Systems, Biomechanical Control, Mechatronics)
- Navigation & Guidance
- Robotics - (Cable driven robots, Rehabilitation Robotics)
- Elastostatics & Elastodynamics - (Wave propagation in elastic solids, Nonlinear dynamics, and vibrations, Nonlinear structural dynamics)
- Thermal sciences, Water-energy systems, Industrial reuse, and recycling
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at the undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for the interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
A candidate must have passed with the First Class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PD) or 6.0 (5.5 for SC/ST/PD) CPI/CGPA on the scale of 10 in: BTech/MTech or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering OR BTech/MTech degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering OR BTech/ MTech Degree in other branches of Engineering / Technology with an outstanding academic record may also be considered for research areas consistent with their academic background and special interests of the discipline.
Good college for higher studies
Last Seen: 28 Mar' 20
Joined On: 28 Mar' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- Ph.D Mechanical Engineering