- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Journalism and Mass Communication shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned Offered by Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
• Master’s Degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated under Clause 2 above.
• Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
• A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. program of the same Institution.
• Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized, or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program.