- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Hospitality and Travel Tourism is a two-year full-time postgraduate course Offered by Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar and American Heritage University of Southern, California.
- Classes: Weekends
- Hospitality & Travel Tourism is a sunrise industry growing faster than any other industry offering exciting job opportunities in India and abroad. Not merely jobs but exciting careers which provide adventure combined with good financial rewards and steady growth. A student doesn't have to be academically brilliant to get into this profession. All he/she needs is an adventurous mindset, a flair for traveling and a passion for a meeting, mixing with and serving people.
- To meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in this industry, GEMS B SCHOOL, in collaboration with industry experts and in association with an International University has designed a two year MBA program in Hospitality & Travel Tourism.
- This is a two-year Earn-Learn - Earn, Work - Study - Work Program. This is a program where, when a graduate joins our MBA program, the student is put on a full-time job on day 1 in our own Resort, Fiesta Resort n Events Venue, a full-fledged highly rated Business Hotel, Resort and Events venue, located next to the Bengaluru International Airport (www.fiestaa.in). 5 days in a week the student works with Fiesta in a full time job earning a full-time salary. 2 days a week the student attends classes. At the end of 2 years the student, on the one hand, has an International MBA in Hospitality & Travel Tourism and on the other hand has 2 full years of relevant work experience in Hospitality & Travel Tourism. The course has been designed such that the student gets practical exposure to Hospitality & Travel Tourism for 5 days in a week and classroom exposure for 2 days. That is 70% practical learning and 30% theoretical learning. The student will, practically & theoretically, learn various areas of Hospitality & Travel Tourism such as Front Office, Housekeeping, F & B Service, Travel desk, Inventory Management, Event Management, etc. This practical exposure which the student acquires for 5 days in a week is a part of the program curriculum and is mandatory. The student will learn everything about the Hospitality & Travel Tourism industry both in the class room and on the field.
Students can apply for this course by taking the Gems Admission Test ( GAT ).
- Candidates must have a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Students awaiting their final year results can also apply.