- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Panjab University, Chandigarh
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- A candidate seeking admission to the first year of B.Com should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of Central Boards/Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after she has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent Board/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission.
The merit for admission will be determined on the basis of the score of the candidate
- The applicant who has passed +2 examination from any recognized board/ university in India, with groups and subjects as detailed below, is eligible to apply the B.Com-1 year course.
- +2 Commerce group with at least 40% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities group with commerce, Economics, and Mathematics, having secured at least 45% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities group with at least two subjects out of Commerce, Economics and Mathematics having secured at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities/Science/Technical/Agriculture group with at least 55% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 any group other than Commerce group, including Medical and Home Science Group and not opted for Commerce/Economics/Mathematics as a subject, having secured at least 60% marks in the aggregate.
- Any other examination recognized by the Panjab University as equivalent to (a) with requisite group/subjects and percentage of marks.