About Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Kolkata
Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata was established in the year 2016. The institute is also known as JIMSH Kolkata. Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata is spread over 24 acres of land. General Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Opthalmology, ENT, Anaesthesiology, Radio-Diagnosis and Dentistry are the clinical departments of the institute whereas Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic, Medicine and Community medicine are the non-clinical departments of JIMSH Kolkata. The institute is affiliated to West Bengal University Of Health Sciences. Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata offers MBBS, B.SC. Nursing, GNM, DMLT, DNB course to the students.
Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital is located at KP Mondal Road, Buita, Nishchintapur, Budge Budge, Kolkata in West Bengal. Budge Budge is around 6 km away from JIMSH Kolkata. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is around 52 km away and Kalipur Bus Station is around 3 km away from JIMSH Kolkata. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
Courses & Fees
Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata Admission
Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata offers admission to MBBS, B.SC. Nursing, GNM, DNB courses. Admission to B.Sc Nursing is offered on the basis of Joint Entrance Test conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) followed by participation in the JENPAUH counselling process. For MBBS admissions at JIMSH Kolkata, aspirants have to appear for NEET-UG and participate in WB State Quota and Pvt. Management Quota counselling. GNM Nursing Training Course is based on merit. Admission to DNB course is based Diplomate of National Board Common Entrance Test (DNB CET) and participation in the centralised counselling process. Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata admission process is given below:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission into B.Sc course of JIMSH Kolkata have to appear for Joint Entrance Test conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) on behalf of Central Selection Committee (Nursing), West Bengal Government College of Nursing (SSKM Hospital Campus).
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the students in JET and students will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to register for the JENPAUH counselling process and have to register online on the website of B.Sc. Nursing Counseling Website.
- Candidates have to participate in the counselling process and they have to choose Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata as their preference during the choice filling process and then they will be allotted seats according to the merit and availability of seats.
- After the seat allotment process, aspirants have to report to JIMSH for getting their documents and have to pay the requisite fee.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of marks secured in the Joint Entrance Test, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
GNM Nursing Training Course
- Candidates desirous to take admissions in GNM Nursing Training Course of Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata have to apply online on the website of the college.
- Admission will be based on basis of the total marks obtained in the compulsory subjects which include one language subject + English and other best of three subjects except for Environmental Studies and thus candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be given to shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit, participation in the institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for NEET-UG exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Based on the NEET-UG scores, candidates have to participate in WB State Quota and Pvt. Management Quota counselling and register on the website of WBMCC.
- Candidates have to do the choice filling, choice locking and then seats will be allotted accordingly.
- Candidates have to select Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata during the choice locking.
- After the seat allotment, candidates have to be present physically at JIMSH Kolkata with the acknowledgement slip along with all the necessary documents for document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be confirmed on the basis of NEET UG scores, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Diplomate of National Board Common Entrance Test (DNB CET) conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Candidates qualifying the entrance examination will have to participate in the centralised counselling process for choice filing choice locking, seat allotment and document verification.
- Final admission will be based on DNB CET, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
JIMSH Kolkata has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally and students can take parts in sports like badminton, football, throw ball and basketball. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The facilities of Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata are listed below.
Library: JIMSH Kolkata has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers and it has a separate reference section.
Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc
Sports: JIMSHI Kolkata provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being and focuses on the organic connection between mind and body through physical training.
Demo Room: Every department of Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata has its separate room for demonstration and these demo rooms have audio-visual aids and is under 24 hours CCTV surveillance.
Laboratories: Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment and there are 3 laboratories in the institute.
Medical facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the student JIMSH Kolkata provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Cafeteria: Jagannath Gupta Institute Of Medical Sciences And Hospital, Kolkata has a cafeteria for boys and girls that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable rate and caters to the food requirement of the students.
Questions related to Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Kolkata
How can I join as a guest faculty in Gynae & Obs dept.
You didn't mention that which medical college you want to join as a guest faculty. Look there one option is present you can directly contact to the hospital authority or college principle. Then they will check your CV and qualifications. If they are selected your CV then they are directly called you and take your interview. You have to selected as a guest faculty then this medical college.
All the best.
fees for management seats under AIQ
The total number of seats across India for both management and NRI Quota is around 6200. These are offered by the deemed universities. The annual fee for MBBS course for management quota in these universities across India vary from Rs2,11,000-Rs22,50,000. And this is just the annual fees apart from this it also requires additional fees for other purposes.
Hope it helps.
can a student of bihar will get admission or not?
JIMSH, Kolkata provides MBBS course, the admission into which is given as per NEET UG entrance exam and the counselling process. So, if you are a candidate from Bihar, you can get admission into the College, if you score really well as per the cutoff. But, you should keep this mind, that state candidates will be prefered for giving seats. So, you get benefits only when you have either the domicile of west bengal or the Bonafide certificate from the state.
Hope you understand.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: