Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan was established as a joint venture of Government of India, Government of Karnataka and the Malnad Technical Education Society, in the year 1960, during the second 5-year plan. The college is spread over 41.28 acres of land. Earlier the college was affiliated to the University of Mysore but later on, it got affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. In 2007, It was granted the status of an autonomous institution in the year 2007.
Malnad College of Engineering is located at Salagame Road, Near Rangoli Halla, Hassan, Karnataka. Shantigrama Railway Station is around 13 km away from the institute. K S R T C Bus Depot 1 is approx 4 km away from the institute. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is around 205 km away from the college. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- The institution is accredited by NBA.
Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan has the following collaborations:
INSAT Master Control Facility, Hassan
Ministry of Micro Small, Medium Enterprise Development Institute, Government of India
JVS Electronics Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
Eagle Photonics, Bangalore
HCL Technologies, Bangalore
ProSIM R&D Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- The Malnad Technical Club: This Club promotes technological advancement and encourages students to come up with innovative ideas.
- The Literary Club: The members are engaged in organising activities which help in nurturing the intellectual talents of the student
- MCE Cultural Club (Abhivyakthi): The members of this Society organises various events and cultural programme for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their talent in the field of fine arts.
- Malnad Eco Club: The members of this Club makes continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connects with the society and communities at large.
- Rotaract Club: This Club organises fundraisers, awareness campaigns, and charity drives which develop professional and leadership skills of the students.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC B+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 02 Jul 2023 and the score is 2.53 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan offers 9 undergraduate and 6 postgraduate courses to the students in the field of engineering. Admission to B.Tech is offered by MCE Hassan on the basis of Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by The Government of Karnataka through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). M.Tech is offered by Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan on the basis of GATE scores. The detailed admission process of MCE Hassan is given below:
- Candidates will have to apply and appear for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by The Government of Karnataka through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- Further, they have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be offered to students based on the marks obtained in KCET, participation in the counselling process, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Aspirants have to apply and appear for GATE and secure valid scores. Non-GATE seats are sposored.
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan.
- Admission will be based on the marks secured in GATE and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- The last stage of admission comprises of institute-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered to candidates based on GATE scores, institute-level document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan has adequate infrastructure like lab, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, swimming pool, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students it also has a well-furnished Reference Section.
- Swimming Pool: There is a swimming pool present the institute premises for the students to relax amid the busy schedule.
- Language Lab: This lab focuses on the communication skills of the students as English has become a global language.
Malnad engg college is one of best college to study
We explored all of Hassan and nearby places in those 4 years
Had an awesome experience with best of the crowd..
Joined On: 20 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2012
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
Questions related to Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan
is there a diploma (Civil) course here?
Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan doesn't offer diploma in Civil Engineering, however it offers BE program in various disciplines such as civil, computer,mechanical, electrical and electronics etc. Apart from this, it also offers ME/MTech and MCA.
You can check out the following link to see the list of the courses-
You can also visit the official website at https://www.mcehassan.ac.in/ for more details regarding this.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 02 Jul 2023 ; CGPA : 2.53