- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: MIT Art Design and Technology University, Pune
Doctor of Philosophy in Biotechnology doctorate program offered by MIT Art Design and Technology University, Pune with the approval of UGC.
This course duration varies from 2 to 10 years, the student has to finish between this timeline to obtain the Ph.D degree.
For candidates with MSc qualification:
1. The required minimum qualification for admission to a PhD Program shall normally be a two years Master‟s OR M.Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or Equivalent Grade in the M.Phil degree or a minimum of 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master‟s Degree (for all disciplines except Engineering and technology), however, overall 60% at all academic levels will be desirable.
For candidates with MTech/BTech qualification
2. Applicants with M. Tech / BTech / M.E./M.S. qualification in relevant disciplines with an excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks and with 60% aggregate in Xth, XIIth and B.Tech /B.E. will be considered eligible for admission in PhD Programs in Engineering and technology.
3. Applicants with an M.B.B.S./BDS degree or equivalent in relevant discipline with an excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 55% marks may be considered eligible for admission to PhD Programs in the relevant field.
4. Foreign/ NRI applicants / Applicants with a Masters‟ degree from a foreign university must apply with an equivalence certificate of AIU along with the Online Application
Exemption from Written Examination
Candidates who have cleared an All India Examination or NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE/ BINC in the last 2 years shall be exempted from the written part of the selection process. However, they will be required to appear for the Personal Interview.