National Engineering College (NEC), Kovilpatti was established in the year 1984. It is an Autonomous Institution Affiliated to Anna University Chennai. NEC Kovilpatti offers an undergraduate programme in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology. It offers PG Programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Energy Engineering High Voltage Engineering Control and Instrumentation, Embedded Systems Technologies and Information Technology.
National Engineering College, Kovilpatti is located at K.R.Nagar, Kovilpatti, Nallatinputhur in Tamil Nadu. Kovilpatti Railway Station is around 6 km away from the college. Madurai Airport is approximately 101 km away and TNSTC Bus Depot is around 6 km away from National Engineering College, Kovilpatti. Students can hire a cab or take an auto-rickshaw to reach NEC.
- National Engineering College, Kovilpatti accredited by National Board of Accreditation(NAAC).
- NEC is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
NCE Kovilpatti has the following collaborations:
- M/s. Edgate Technologies, Bangalore
- Sri Seshaa Technologies, Chennai
- DELNET, New Delhi
- University of Texas, Dallas, USA
- Bizplus Services Pvt. Ltd., Che
- TekinIT Solutions Chennai
- Bizplus Services Pvt. Ltd., Che
- Federation of Civil Engineers Association of Tamilnadu and Puducherry
- CADD Technologies, Coimbatore
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Rotaract Club: It provides an opportunity for young men and women to serve the community and develop themselves.
- Junior Jaycee Wing: JJCW conducts various programmes for the students focussing on their development and enhancement of their personal skills.
- Anti Ragging Cell: This Cell ensures that there is no ragging in the campus and makes sure that ragging is prohibited in the college.
- Fine Arts Club: This club promotes fine arts and provides a platform to the students to showcase their skills in the field of art.
- Youth Red Cross: It s a non-religious, non-political and non-sectarian international body that is meant for humanitarian services.
- Equal Opportunity Cell: This Cell ensures that there is no discrimination or biasness on the basis of gender, religion, caste, etc and everyone is given equal opportunity.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC): This cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas.
- Business Incubator Cell: It promotes entrepreneurial spirit and innovation for the successful development of new businesses and cultivates entrepreneurial culture.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC B++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 21 Feb 2022 and the score is 2.83 .
Exams and Cutoffs
National Engineering College, Kovilpatti offers an undergraduate programme in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology. It offers PG Programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Energy Engineering High Voltage Engineering Control and Instrumentation, Embedded Systems Technologies and Information Technology. For B.Tech, National Engineering College, Kovilpatti offers admission on the basis of TNEA Counselling conducted by Anna University. NEC Kovilpatti offers M.Tech on the basis of TANCET or GATE scores and further participate in the Tamil Nadu Common Admissions conducted by Anna University.
Candidates have to register and apply online on the website of Anna University.
Admission will be offered based on the merit of the marks in the qualifying exam.
Candidates need to register and apply for TNEA Counselling conducted by Anna University and participate in the TNEA single window counselling.
Based on participation in TNEA counselling, document verification and fee payment, candidates will be offered admission.
For Management Quota (35% of sanctioned strength), the committee formed by the state government or regulating admission in all engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu prepares a rank list and accordingly issues allotment order to the candidate based on the choice of the college.
Candidate needs to appear for TANCET Examination conducted by Anna University or GATE Entrance Exam.
Then, candidates need to register for Tamil Nadu Common Admissions conducted by Anna University.
A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET or GATE and candidates will be allotted ranks for shortlisting .
Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the TANCA counselling process for seat allotment document verification and fee payment.
Final admission will be offered on the basis of marks secured in GATE or TANCET, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment document verification and fee payment.
For Management Quota, admission is based on the entrance exam conducted by the Association of Engineering Colleges.
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
National Engineering College provides many infrastructural facilities to the students and staff such as computing centre to give them practical training, transportation for day scholars, cafeteria to serve them food. It also provides sports facility, separate hostels for boys and girls, dispensary, and library. Various other facilities like internet, banking are also available for the students.
- Computing Centre: NEC has specialised computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and staff.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff, and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a cafeteria that provides nutritious and tasty snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Dispensary: NEC has a dispensary in order to cater to the medical needs of the students.
Library: The institution library has all kinds of text and reference books. Students can avail the facility of the digital library.
My college experience
Last Seen: 08 Feb' 20
Joined On: 08 Feb' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
It is opportunity to experience my college in careers360.
Had an awesome experience with best of the crowd
Good college, value for investment
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 21 Feb 2022 ; CGPA : 2.83