National Post Graduate College, Lucknow was established by Chandra Bhanu Gupta in the year 1974. It is also known as National PG College. National Post Graduate College is an autonomous institute and it enjoys the status of College with Potential for Excellence. University Grants Commission (UGC) has given special permission to National PG College, Lucknow and under this special grant Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra has been established that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs for skill development and it also has components of ICT, ITES and Banking, Insurance and Financial Services. National Post Graduate College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students.
National Post Graduate College, Lucknow is located at 2, Rana Pratap Marg, Hazratganj, Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh. Chungi Pratapgarh Railway station is around 2 km away from the institute. Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is approximately 15 km away and Kaiserabagh Bus Depot is around 1 km away from National PG College, Lucknow.
Accreditation and Collaboration
- National Post Graduate College, Lucknow is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them and focuses on community service. Their activities focus on Health and Immunization/Participation in pulse polio drive, AIDS Awareness programme, Organisation of Exhibitions, Winter Relief/Cold relief/Flood Relief, Training of Programme Officers, national Harmony, Adoption of villages and slums for cleanliness and literacy drives, Environmental conservation, etc.
Browse by Degree
National Post Graduate College, Lucknow offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Admission to B.A./B.Sc/B.Com/M.A/M.Sc/M.Com/BCA/B.Voc. (SD&EG)/BCom(H) is offered on the basis of the College Admission Test conducted by National Post Graduate College, Lucknow. National PG College Lucknow offers admission to BBA/BBA(MS)/BCA/BBA(Tourism)/BAJMC/BCOM(Hons.)/B.VOC (B&F)/M.Voc. is offered on the basis of Lucknow University Associated Colleges Management Admission Test (LUACMAT) followed by the counselling process. National Post Graduate College, Lucknow detailed admission process is given below:
- Aspirants have to apply on the website of the college.
- Candidates have to appear and qualify for the College Admission Test conducted by National Post Graduate College, Lucknow.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of admission test and candidates qualifying the test will be shortlisted.
- For PG courses, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in High School, Intermediate and Graduation and the aspirant should have scored at least 50% marks in a.ggregate at graduation level
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview/participation in the institute level and they have to get their documents verified and pay the fee in order to complete the last stage of the admission process.
- Final admission will be offered to students on the basis of marks secured in the College Admission Test, interview/participation in the institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply, appear and qualify Lucknow University Associated Colleges Management Admission Test (LUACMAT).
- A merit list will be prepared for shortlisting the candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will participate in the LUAMCAT counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained in LUACMAT, interview/participation in the LUACMAT counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
National Post Graduate College, Lucknow has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The facilities of National PG College Lucknow are listed below.
- Library: National Post Graduate College, Lucknow has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: National PG College Lucknow provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Auditorium: The seminar hall of the institute is used for conducting various activities, programmes, functions, guest lectures and workshops for the students.
- Canteen: The institute has a canteen for boys and girls that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students and caters to the food requirement of the students.
- Medical Facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Health Centre that provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Graduation from National PG College, Lucknow
My experience at the college was awesome.
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- B.Sc-Physics, Statistics and Mathematics Self Finance
Questions related to NPGC
Give me the information/detail of B.voc course of your college.
Kindly mention a particular college.Vocational or skill-based education is becoming more and more significant with passing time. Talkig about BVoc (Bachelor of Vocation) , it is an emerging course in India that aims at providing adequate skills required for a particular trade to candidates. The course is different from traditional academic programmes as it deals more with application-based studies rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge.
BVoc is a three-year duration undergraduate course that can be pursued in a wide range of fields starting from healthcare, food technology and hospitality to creative fields like graphic designing and beauty & wellness. One of the biggest advantages of pursuing BVoc against common degree courses is that a candidate has multiple exit points during the programme and continued industry exposure.This means that if you are unable to complete your BVoc course, you will still be awarded a diploma after successful completion of first year or advanced diploma after successful completion of second year. Apart from this, the work experience candidates gain during the course increases their chances of getting a job. There are a number of colleges and universities in India that offer BVoc courses in tie-up with different industries.
Hope this helps!
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council