|09 Oct, 2020||Exam | Mode: Online|
|30 Jun, 2020 - 20 Sep, 2020||Late Fee Application - With a late fee of Rs 4000 | Mode: Online|
|01 Jul, 2020 - 25 Jul, 2020||Late Fee Application - With Late Fee of Rs.4000/- | Mode: Online|
|28 Jun, 2020 - 30 Jun, 2020||Late Fee Application - With Late Fee of Rs.2000/- | Mode: Online|
|21 Jun, 2020 - 27 Jun, 2020||Late Fee Application - With Late Fee of Rs.1000/- | Mode: Online|
|17 Jun, 2020 - 20 Jun, 2020||Late Fee Application - With Late Fee of Rs.500/- | Mode: Online|
|06 Mar, 2020 - 10 Jun, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5 Years
- Offered by: Osmania University, Hyderabad
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law is 5 Years full-time Integrated Course. Affiliated to Osmania University, Hyderabad and approved by BCI.
The legal education has a great role to play and has to meet the requirements of society. The society is growing more and more complex. Globalization and new Technologies have been posing new challenges to the systems of law and justice. A well-taught and trained Lawyer, a Law student with sound knowledge and adequate training will only be able to help the society from such challenges.
The quality of Legal education is bound to affect the quality of Judicial system and the administration of law at all levels. The Bar Council of India in the year 1982 has adopted a regulation for the introduction of B.A., LL.B. 5 Years Course after 10+2 education with an object to pick the students at their teen age and train them professionally as a lawyer.
The Department of Law, Osmania University, under able leadership and guidance of Hon’ble Justice L. Narasimha Reddy, Dean, Faculty of Law and Judge, High Court of Andhra Pradesh has noted the above developments and decided to introduce B.A., LL.B. 5 Years Degree Course at Post Graduate College of Law, Basheerbagh, from the academic year. The course is being offered on self-finance basis and the intake of the course is sixty - (60).
A candidate for admission to B.A., LL.B. 5 Year Integrated Dual Degree Course has to qualify 10+2/ Intermediate or equivalent thereto, and the Law Common Entrance Examination (LAWCET) for that academic year. The candidates will be admitted strictly in accordance with the merit secured at the entrance examination, keeping in view the Rules in force in respect of the statutory reservation of seats under various categories of candidates.
An applicant who has successfully completed 10+2 or Intermediate or equivalent from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course, may apply for and be admitted into the B.A., LL.B. 5 Year Degree Course.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained + 2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the Integrated Five Years B.A., LL.B.Course.Explanation: The applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open University system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.
- Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission: As prescribed by the Bar Council of India the minimum percentage of marks, not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC and ST applicants, has to be obtained in the qualifying examination, such as +2 or Intermediate Examination, for the purpose of applying for and getting admitted into Integrated Five Years B.A., LL.B. Course. Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a person to get admission into an institution but only shall entitle the person concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
- Age on admission: The maximum age limit for admission into first-year B.A., LL.B. Five Year Degree Course in the University College of Law and Post Graduate College of Law, Osmania University, shall be twenty years twenty-two years in case of candidates belonging to SC and ST categories) as on 1st July of the year of admission. For admission into the same course in other colleges affiliated to Osmania University, the age limit shall be as prescribed by the Bar Council of India or any other competent authority.
- No admissions/readmissions/promotions into any semester are to be made after the expiry of four weeks from the date of commencement of instruction for that particular semester of the Course.
A candidate admitted to the B.A., LL.B. 5 Year Degree Course will forfeit his seat and his admission stands canceled and he shall not be eligible for readmission if :
- He/She does not put in at least 40% of attendance in I Semester.
- He /She does not the secure promotion to IX Semester of the 5th year within a maximum period of nine years starting from the year of admission to Semester I.
- He /She fails to fulfill all the requirements and pass all the examinations for the award of the degree as specified, within ten academic years from the time when he was first admitted to the B.A., LL.B. Five Year Course.