About Ramjas College, Delhi
Founded in the year 1917, the Ramjas College is one of the oldest in the north campus of Delhi University. The college is one of the three oldest of Delhi University after Stephen College and Hindu College and is considered as one of the best colleges in the country offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Ramjas offers 18 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various specializations like Sciences, Humanities and Commerce streams. Some of the departments in the Ramjas College are considered to be best in the University of Delhi like the Mathematics Department while the Department of History is considered to be the best all over India. The college is affiliated to Delhi University and is approved by All India Council of Technical Education.
Ramjas College is located at University Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi. Sabzi Mandi Railway Station is located 2 km away from the college. Other major railway stations are New Delhi Railway Station and Delhi Railway Station. The nearest subway station is the Vishwavidyalaya station which is 3 km away from the college. Indira Gandhi International Airport is 25 km away from the college. BBM Depot is the nearest bus station which is 3.4 km away from the college.
- Denmark’s International Study Program
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Lahore University of management Sciences (LUMS)
- The Washington Center, Washington D.C
- Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Student Union: It is the students rights and needs representing entity in the college. Membership of student’s council is mandatory for all the students.
- Student Activity Centre: A specially designed student activity centre is built within Ramjas College where the student can conduct meetings, organise events and various creative cultural activities.
- Extra Curricular Activities Committee: This committee conducts all the cultural events in the college and has an allotted space within the students activity center.
Ramjas College, Delhi Highlights
Ramjas College, Delhi Courses & Fees
Ramjas College, Delhi Admissions 2021
Ramjas College, Delhi Admission Procedure:-
Ramjas College admissions are offered for undergraduate programmes based on the merit of the qualifying exam. Admissions to postgraduate programmes are offered either based on merit or entrance exam. 50% seats are filled based on the scores of Delhi University Entrance Examination (DUET) and the remaining 50% seats are filled based on merit who have passed from Delhi University. Students also need to get their documents verified and pay the admission fees before getting final admissions to the college. A detailed idea about Ramjas College admission procedure is written below in the given steps.
Ramjas College, Delhi Admission Procedure for undergraduate programmes-
Ramjas College, Delhi takes admission for its various courses on merit basis. In order to apply for the college candidates have to first register themselves on the admission portal of the University of Delhi. The registration process is online. The registration process will be considered complete only after the payment process.
Merit Based Admission:
- Desirous candidates have to apply online for UG admission at Ramjas through the DU admission portal.
- Based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination, a merit list will be prepared and published by the University of Delhi.
- For preparing the cut off and merit list for admission to UG programmes at Ramjas College under the Faculty of Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Music, Social Sciences, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, marks of the best of four subjects will be considered.
- For admission to courses offered under the Faculty of Sciences and Applied Sciences, the aggregate marks in the best three subjects will be considered.
- Candidates will be offered Ramjas College admissions only if they are able to secure the minimum cut off marks decided for the admission.
Ramjas College, Delhi Admission Procedure for postgraduate programmes-
Ramjas College admissions to various postgraduate courses is done on both merit and entrance. 50% of the seats are reserved for the candidates who have graduated from the University of Delhi. For the remaining 50% seats, admission is done on the entrance basis.
Merit Based Admission:
- For the candidates who graduated from the University of Delhi, admission will be done on the merit basis of the marks in graduation.
- Based on their marks in graduation, such candidates have to register for DU PG admissions online.
- While registering, such candidates have to select Ramjas College as their preferred college.
- Ramjas College admissions to merit based seats will be offered on the basis of registration, choice selection, document verification and fee payment.
- Only the candidates who have secured the minimum cutoff marks set for the qualifying examination will be considered for admission to Ramjas College.
Entrance Based Admission:
- For the remaining 50% seats, candidates have to apply and appear in the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- A merit list based on the marks scored in the exam will be published according to which the candidates will be shortlisted.
- Candidates who are finally selected for the admission will have to confirm their presence by verifying documents and make the fee payment.
Ramjas College, Delhi Student Reviews
RAMJAS A PLACE TO BE
Good and bad experiences both.
So the experience of getting in Ramjas is really worth it
Last Seen: 14 Jan' 21
Joined On: 14 Jan' 21
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
Ramjas College, Delhi Facilities
Ramjas College, Delhi offers certain facilities to the students of the institute like hostels, gym, medical, student activity centre etc. More information about all facilities can be found from the given points written below.
- Hostels: Ramjas College has separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostels have all the utilities which are required from a college student. Mess facility is for the candidates, with a reading room and a common room for all the indoor games.
- Gymnasium: A fitness center is available in both the hostels for girls and boys.
- Medical Facilities: Medical facilities are available for the students of Ramjas College.
- Student Activity Centre: This is a specially designed center in the colleges for the students where students can conduct meeting and discussion related to academic, cultural and political activities.
Ramjas College, Delhi Gallery
Questions related to Ramjas College, Delhi
will ramjas college delhi conduct entrance exam for ba hons history?
For undergraduate programme in Ramjas college, first you need to register on the official site of Delhi University. Registration will proceed once you do the payment. Then you can select Ramjas college for which merit list will be published by the officials on the basis of the marks scored in the 12th examinations. There is also an exam conducted DUET by NTA. By which you can also grab the seat.
Hope this helps.
I want to join ramjas college delhi is i want to write any exam to join for BA history
For admission in BA(Hons)History in Ramjas college there is no entrance tests.It is purely based on merit.They will consider your 10+2 marks.You will have to apply in the common DU portal and pay the application fees
The cut offs will be released and you can take admission once you clear the cut offs.They won't take all your marks ,a best 4 percentage will be calculated .English or any language based subject is mandatory for this calculation. No changes in any of these procedures are notified till the moment.
I hope the information is useful for you.
Ramjas College, Delhi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: