- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
Mechanical engineering is a diverse subject that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts and devices (e.g., microscale sensors and inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g., spacecraft and machine tools). The role of a mechanical engineer is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. In order to accomplish this, a broad range of skills are needed. The mechanical engineer needs to acquire particular skills and knowledge. He/she needs to understand the forces and the thermal environment that a product, its parts, or its subsystems will encounter; to design them for functionality, aesthetics, and the ability to withstand the forces and the thermal environment they will be subjected to; and to determine the best way to manufacture them and ensure they will operate without failure. Perhaps the one skill that is the mechanical engineer’s exclusive domain is the ability to analyze and design objects and systems with motion.
- As per admission policy of Haryana Government 75% of the total seats will be filled by the Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) through “online” off-campus counseling on the basis of interstate merit of JEE. The remaining 25% Management quota seats (including 15% NRI seats) will be filled directly by the college.
- Candidates seeking admission against the above 75% seats through HSTES
- 25% seats or seats that remain vacant after counseling shall be filled by the Institute on first come first serve basis.
The candidate should have passed 10+2 Physics & Math with one subject out of Chemistry and Computer Science with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate from recognized Board or University.