- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Master of Law is a full-time two-year postgraduate course and it is offered by the Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
Admission to the Semester -I of the Two Years’ (Four Semesters’) LL.M. Program shall be given on all the allotted grant-in-aid and Higher Payment Season the basis of merit list prepared by the Admission Committee. Taking into consideration the mandatory requirements of the UGC and academic calendar of the Gujarat University with regard to the commencement of the teaching process, the admission process will best art soon after the declaration of result of the final semester LL.B. examination of the Gujarat University.
- For the purpose of admission, a candidate must pass the qualifying examination i.e. Three Years’ LL.B. or Five Years’ Integrated Law Programme from University recognized by the Bar Council of India and UGC.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination at the first attempt with minimum 50% of marks or equivalent grade(Last year or last two semesters of the qualifying examination)shall be eligible for admission. Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in any of the Center of Legal Education but shall only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill basic criteria fixed by the Bar Council of India or other equivalent authority as well as the Gujarat University from time to time to apply for the admission. If a marksheet of a candidate is withheld by the University due to any reason whatsoever, the candidate shall not be eligible to apply for the admission at the LL.M. Programme.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination i.e. Three Years’ LL.B. or Five Years’ Integrated LL.B. Programme from other than Gujarat University shall be required to obtain Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC)from Gujarat University before registration process mentioned in 14. The candidates who have taken admission and/or passed any other programme from the Gujarat University after having passed Qualifying Examination (LL.B.) from other University need not have to apply for Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC). But such candidates shall be considered within the category of “Other University”.
- A candidate who has obtained LL.M. degree from the Gujarat University or other University in one area of specialization shall not be eligible to get admission in the LL.M. Degree Programme with the same or another specialization.
- No student shall be allowed to simultaneously register for Master Degree Programme in law (LL.M.)with any other graduate or postgraduate or professional course run by the same or any other University or an Institute for academic or professional learning excepting in the law degree programme of the Gujarat University or any other University or Professional Institute Courses