Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune was established by Bansilal Ramnath Agarwal Charitable Trust (BRACT), Pune, Maharashtra in the year 2002 and it was naugurated by Dr.Anil Kakodkar, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission, Government of India. The institute is also known as VIIT Pune. VIIT Pune is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly known as the University of Pune) is a self-financed Autonomous Institute of Government of Maharashtra. Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
VIIT Pune is located at Survey No. 2/3/4, VIM Private Road, Kapil Nagar, Kondhwa, Pune in Maharashtra. Pune Railway Station is around 10 km away from the institute. Pune International Airport is around 18 km away from VIIT Pune and Upper Depot is around 2 km away from the college. Students can hire a can or take an auto-rickshaw to reach Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- VIIT Pune is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune has the following collaborations:
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) Netherlands.
- HSL Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- Technophilia Systems Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai and iCarnegie Inc., Pittsburgh, USA
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (T.I.F.R.), Mumbai
- Ifm Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Pune (subsidiary of ifm Electronics GMBH)
- NI-LabView Academy
- Vishay Components India Pvt. Ltd
- Tata Motors Limited
- Virtual Labs, IIT Bombay, Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Department under the National Mission on Education through ICT
- IFS Academy, Pune
- Semi-Conductor Laboratory, Depat. Of Space, Govt. Of India, SAS Nagar, Punjab
- Rotary Club of Pune, Mukundnagar
- Dhruva Automations & Controls Pvt. Ltd., Bhosari, Pune
- Shri Vithal Education and Research Institute’s College of Engineering, Pandharpur
- Tech Mahindra Ltd., Mumbai
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Khushboo Charitable Trust, Pune
- BVB’s Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai
- CADD Centre Training Services Private Ltd. VIIT
- ELENO Engineering Learning Centre (ELC), Pune
- Geometric Limited, Vikroli, Mumbai
- Texas Instruments Centre of Excellence
- Campus Connect Program, Infosys Technologies Limited, Bangalore
- ATS Infotech Pvt. Ltd. (VIIT became a member of Microsoft IT Academy)
- Korea Institute of Science & Technology’s Post Silicon Semiconductor Institute, Seoul, South Korea
- Atlas Copco (I) Ltd., Dapodi, Pune
- HCL Technologies Ltd, Sidharth, Nhru Place, New Delhi
- University of Amsterdam
- Joongbu University, South Korea
- Friends Union for Energizing Lives (FUEL), Pune
- Universities of Ontario, Canada OIN Programmes
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
VIIT Firefox Club: This is the Tech Club of VIIT Pune that helps the students in enhancing their knowledge about computer technologies and open web technologies. This club also provides knowledge international coding standards.
Value Education Club: This Clubs works with an objective to inculcate values amongst students. Imparting value-based education is the need of the hour and hence this club works to ance the social skills of students.
EDC: Entrepreneurship Development Cell of Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas.
Browse by Degree
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 31 Dec 2022 and the score is 3.14 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students and Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication, Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering & Applied Sciences are the academic departments offering these courses. Admission to Undergraduate Courses is offered by VIIT Pune on the basis of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) or rank secured in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main). Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune offers admission to postgraduate courses on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Tests in Engineering (GATE) followed by participating in the state-level counselling which takes place through Common Admission Process (CAP). Admission to the doctoral programme is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). The detailed admission process of all the courses offered by VIIT Pune are given below:
- Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates need to appear for MHT CET entrance exam.
- All India Candidature Candidates need to appear for JEE Main/MHT CET and obtain a valid score. Preference will be given to candidates who have a valid JEE Main score.
- Candidates then need to register their application on the SAAR portal of the State CET Cell.
- Then, candidates need to book an appointment at SETU for document verification.
- Admission will be offered based on the candidate's merit/rank in MHT CET/JEE Main entrance exam.
- Candidates need to appear for the GATE entrance exam and obtain a valid score.
- Candidates need to register and appear for Centralised Admission Process (CAP) conducted by State CET Cell.
- Candidates will be offered admission through CAP based on their rank/merit in GATE.
- Candidates have to appear for an Entrance Exam at Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
- Candidates who qualify the Entrance Exam or candidates who are exempted from the Entrance Exam will have to appear for a Personal Interview at SPPU.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
VIIT provides adequate facilities to its students and staff. There is a Connected Devices Laboratory which is used to organise events on connected devices security issues to spread IoT security knowledge. The Central Library is well-stocked and spacious enough. There is a workshop which has a lot of equipment for manual practical works. Hostel facility is also available, there are 2 hostels for girls and 1 for boys which provide sufficient amenities. There is a canteen and a bunch of food outlets. Regular transport service is provided to the college community. There is also a bank branch and 2 ATMs, a stationery centre and fast internet & Wifi service in the campus too. Indoor and outdoor sports facility is also there.
- Connected Devices Laboratory- The objective of the lab is to organise hackathons on connected devices security issues to spread IoT security knowledge, to unlock the next wave of openness and opportunity on the Internet. With this, students will acquire the skills to read, write and participate in the IoT based digital world.
- Library- The Central library is enriched with sufficient quantity of technical books, journals, reference volumes etc. It consists of Reference Section, Journal Section, Reading Hall, Digital library section, Multimedia Facility, Stack-Room etc. The library has unique collection of Encyclopedia, Handbooks, Textbooks, Journals, and CDs etc.The library uses 'Slim21' software. LIbrary has 11 PCs which are meant for users to access e-Journals, e-Books & OPAC Catalogue.
- Workshop- The workshop has different Engineering work-trades technologies like Welding, Fitting, Smithy, Plastic Injection Molding, Carpentry, Pattern Making, Machining etc., Workshop provides facilities, like Industrial Lathe, milling machine, Radial type of drilling machine and Computer Numerical Control (C.N.C.) machine.
- Language Laboratory- A separate language laboratory is available for the students with special facilities. Students can learn different new languages here which may or may not be a part of their curriculum.
- Hostel- VIIT has 2 hostels for girls and 1 hostel for boys. These hostels provide adequate facilities to the students.
- Canteen and food outlets- Canteen provides snacks, beverages and lunch at affordable rates. Nescafe shop is also situated on campus. A fruit stall, New Poona bakery outlet and Kadhai outlet have been added recently. Daily meals and breakfast facility is also made available at the campus by a local vendor.
- Transport- Regular bus service is available from Pune Station and Swargate Bus Stand to VIIT campus. The Institute also has its own bus facility from the hostels to college campus on working days.
- Bank and ATM- The college campus has a Suvarnayug Sahakari Bank branch and ATM Centre. An Oriental Bank of Commerce ATM Centre is also available.
- Stationery Centre- This Center provides facilities like photocopying, laser printing, binding, courier, mobile recharge and stationery materials etc.
- Internet- Internet is available within the campus through Internet Laboratory using a 16 mbps Broadband connection from Reliance Communication. Wi-Fi is also available in the campus.
- Sports- The college has adequate facilities for indoor and outdoor sports. Playgrounds for outdoor sports like volleyball, football, cricket, basketball etc. are available while indoor sports facility like badminton, table tennis, chess, carrom are also available.
Viit college pune
Review about VIIT college
Fantastic! As mentioned in the review, its overall awesome!
Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune
I have 1 year of experience at this college an it was best.
Questions related to VIIT Pune
how is Pimpri chinchwad college of engineering pune & viit pune for cse branch?
Both the college is good
But when comparing both the college VIT is far better than pimpri
Since vit is autonomous so they have a control over their syllabus onthe other hand pimpri have the same syllabus since many years.
Placement in vit is best and every student get the chance to showcase their skill in every field and student get good packeages..
Since both are good for cse but if you get option vit than go for it..
Feel free to ask...
Please help to me select between Pccoe, pune and VIIT,pune for CSE. Which will be better?
Hello student ,
Here i will suggest you to go through VIIT PUNE because if we consider in terms of placement then VIIT pune offers good placement fir cse / it . It is also a reputed college in pune. additionally, if you are interested in computer science engineering . Further one main reason to prefer VIIT is that it is autonoums from last year . Beside this it also has good academics record in comparision to PCCOE ,pune .
Hope it will help you !
which college is better MIT-WPU pune or VIT pune or VIIT, pune for engineering?
First of all MIT WPU pune is a private university and the other two come under SPPU.MIT has been private a few years ago but VIT and VIIT are well known colleges since about 18 years and in consideration with fees MIT has 4 lakh fees per year and VIT and VIIT have about 1.6 lakh per year also MIT provides high packages from 20 lakhs to 25 lakhs and VIT and VIIT provide high package from 14 lakhs to 18 lakhs.Hope this cleared doubt.
VIIT forms online date when released
Application forms of VIT have already been started from 27 September 2019 you can apply for it the last date of submission of application form is 29th February 2020 for knowing more important dates about VITEEE exam you can go on the below link:
Best of luck.
what are the centres of viit vellore???
VIT Vellore test centres list has been released by the university, the exam centres will be conducted pan India and also outside India in Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Qatar. The list of the centres has been attached herein, which you can access by clicking on this link provided, https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/viteee-exam-centres
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2022 ; CGPA : 3.14