About Wilson College, Mumbai
Wilson College was established in the year 1832 by the Indian missionary Rev. John Wilson. Firstly, it started functioning as Ambroli English School in Girgaum, Mumbai and later on it was called the Wilson School and then in the year 1836, it was called as Wilson College. The management of the College came under an autonomous Board of Governors in India in the year 1952. The institution is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Wilson College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to the students.
Wilson College is located at Chowpatty Seaface, Road, Chowpatty, Mumbai in Maharashtra. Grant Road Railway Station is around 1 km away from the college. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is approximately 19 km away whereas the nearest bus depot - Mumbai Central Bus Depot [MSRTC] is around 2 km away from Wilson College. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations
- Wilson College is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Rotaract Club: It provides an opportunity for young men and women to serve the community and develop themselves and help in the upliftment of the underprivileged sections of the society.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them and addresses social, educational, and environmental issues.
- Student Council: The Student Council represents the student body in all matters. The union acts as a link between the faculty and the students of the college.
- Nature Club: The members of this club work to conserve and protect the environment as it is sacred to everyone living on this planet and hence they contribute towards environment conservation.
Courses & Fees
Wilson College, Mumbai Admission
Wilson College, Mumbai offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Admission to all the courses is based on the merit of the qualifying examination and further, candidates have to get their documents verified and then pay the fee. Wilson College, Mumbai admission procedure of all the courses are given below:
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes
- Aspiring candidates have to apply on the website of the University of Mumbai.
- Admission will be offered on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying examination, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will move to the final stage of admission that is university-level document verification and fee payment. Admission of the candidate is confirmed only once the documents get verified and the requisite fee is paid.
- Final admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam, university-level document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
All is great a must try has an amazing location
Last Seen: 06 Jun' 20
Joined On: 06 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
Everything has its pros and cons, so it's a mixed affair.
Last Seen: 10 Sep' 16
Joined On: 10 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Wilson College, Mumbai Facilities
Wilson College, Mumbai has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, canteen etc. that is a source of relaxation of mind for them and they can refresh their minds. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The canteen offers healthy and hygienic meals to the students at an affordable rate. The facilities of Wilson College are listed below.
- Library: Wilson College, Mumbai has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is an ideal place for book lovers. The institute has a membership of N-LIST in order to access E-resources.
- Gymkhana: The institute has a gymkhana that provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games such as Football, Cricket, Basketball, and Volleyball, etc for their physical and mental well being. Mackichan Hall is the name of the boy’s hostel whereas Pandita Ramabai Ladies Hostel is the name of the girl’s hostel of Wilson College.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Laboratories: Wilson College, Mumbai has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Canteen: The institute has a canteen for boys and girls that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students and caters to the food requirement of the students. The food is offered to the students at an affordable rate.
Questions related to Wilson College, Mumbai
what is cut off of Wilson college
Wilson college is one of the oldest college in Mumbai. It is an NAAC accredited college and was established in the year 1832. The CET would be available in a number of languages. For information like course being offered, ranking, fee and cutoff you can visit the following link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.careers360.com/colleges/wilson-college-mumbai/amp
For the cutoff for 2020 you can check the following link to know in detail: https://www.google.com/amp/s/university.careers360.com/articles/mumbai-university-cutoff/amp
Hope it helps you.
how is the chemistry faculty of Wilson college, mumbai?
Hello student Wilson college Mumbai is very reputed college its one of the oldest colleges in University of Mumbai all the faculty are well educated and experienced students usually don't have any complain about faculty of Wilson college Mumbai, so if you're willing to take admission in Wilson college Mumbai go for it.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below - http://www.wilsoncollege.edu/
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
Is there any hostel facility available for girls at Wilson College , Mumbai ? If yes, than what is the fees ?
Yes, there is hostel facility available at Wilson college mumbai for both boys and girls.
The hostel can facilitate 55 students, with an occupancy of 3 girls per room. The name of the warden there is Mrs. Kshama T Jayaraj. The hostel is good for stay away from home students and conducts various activities too, like:
- Freshers welcome
- Talent evening
- Hostel trip
- Hostel movie
- Sports activities
- Literary activities
- Cultural activities
- Alumni visits
Check this link for more details: http://www.wilsoncollege.edu/facilities.html
Although there are many hostels and PGs nearby college too which you can go for.
I hope this helps.
how is Wilson college mumbai facilities and fee
Wilson College was set up in Mumbai in 1832 and is one of the oldest colleges of India which has been affiliated to the University fo Mumbai for 25 years now. It has an NAAC A accreditation.
There are a number of facilities in the college. For instance, the library has about 73,000 books and a staff of eleven members to take care of, making it one of the biggest archives of history, It is also equipped with computer system and there is a wide variety of books available at the same. It also provides accommodation for the students. There are three hostels run by the college- two boys and one girl's. The college is reputed and the student reviews say that assignments and projects have been an important aspect in college. It provides the course of Bachelors in Management Studies which is a three year full-time course.
The college is also said to give the students good exposure, have good faculty and recurrent guest lectures. Experience is a key learning medium.
For more info:
The fees for BMS is about Rs. 50000 overall which makes quite a cost-effective choice.
Hope this helps. All the best!
what is the procedure of admission in BMS(bachelor of management studies) in Wilson college , Mumbai
The procedure for admission in BMS in Wilson College is:
- Candidates must register with the University of Maharashtra before applying at the institute level.
- The application fee can be paid via online payment modes such as credit/debit cards, net banking, etc.
- A pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam is essential for admission to any of the courses offered by Wilson College.
- B.Sc. candidates must have PCM/B at 10+2 level. Mathematics at 10+2 is compulsory for B.Sc. Candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 qualifying exam.
- Admission to the PG courses shall be strictly on merit for the seats allotted by the University
- Seats are reserved as per norms set by the University of Mumbai.
Hope this information will help you.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 29 Oct 2022 ; CGPA : 3.21