WHAT IS ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/ B. Tech in Electrical Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
- Graduates/postgraduates can work as Production Managers and can manage design engineers, purchase division and others involved in the production process.
- Electricity and Instrumentation Engineers also design and develop control systems.
- They also look after project management in terms of cost and time as well as optimisation of resources.
- They resolve problems with the existing machinery/ processes.
- They can also work as a Health and Safety Officer with a manufacturing unit to ensure compliance.
- As quality officers, they ensure quality standards of electronics.
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements and Instrumentation
- Electrical machines
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Engineering Graphics
- Measurement Sciences and Techniques
- Semiconductor Devices